What do you have in the post right now?

Trial of the new Tallow based Rosa Bourbon from Manuel! :cool:

Lucky devil!

A supply of Rose Bourbon Reunion EO for a winter scent, it's actually a Pelargonium hybrid and not a true rose but it smells divine - think Eufros Rose Bourbon :cool:

Double :cool: !!!

Have they arrived mate? I :love: Manuel's Rosa Bourbon soap. I might finish it by winter...

Lucky devil!

Double :cool: !!!

Have they arrived mate? I :love: Manuel's Rosa Bourbon soap. I might finish it by winter...

He is testing and trialing the Rosa Bourbon at the moment and it will be released in the not too distant future I hear which is good news as I need it to align with my planned fragrance, if he switches it up and I have committed to a perfume base that would be no good at all :)

Tobacco and Fougere still interest me and can't wait for Gea in tallow

All three are excellent in tallow, I have a sample size of Tobacco and he is using a very nice Tobacco absolute.

In other news I pulled the trigger on a soap and balm of SV 70th, I'm hoping Manuels order lands this week btw.

s-l1600.jpg

Well I won it... durr. No one else was bidding on these! The Bengal will clean up nicely, and I will slide it into the black scales at the rear. A couple of sets of spare scales and the rest of metal is junk.

my Gillette slim adjustable. date code K 1
is on its way back from razor emporium.

I bought this razor on ebay because I'd been wanting a vintage adjustable, this was perfect and it gives me a chance to test out razor emporium before I send them my great grandfather's super speed flare tip. it rather have to redo the slim then have my heirloom ruined

my Gillette slim adjustable. date code K 1
is on its way back from razor emporium.

I bought this razor on ebay because I'd been wanting a vintage adjustable, this was perfect and it gives me a chance to test out razor emporium before I send them my great grandfather's super speed flare tip. it rather have to redo the slim then have my heirloom ruined

Really do your research before sending them an heirloom piece. More than a few reports of them losing/selling customers razors and replacing them from other stock.
FWIW I've had a razor replayed by both RE and Dave at restored. If I ever do one again it will be going to Dave. Faster turn around and he does the work himself.
Welcome to P&C.

I don't think it's junk. A bit more hone wear than I would have liked but the edge doesn't look too bad. The experts around here will be along shortly :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Samples on there was from the USofA
Stirling - Ozark Mountain, Sharp Dressed Man, Barbershop, Margaritas in the Arctic, Electric Sheep, Orange Chill, Stirling Noir, Stirling Gentleman, Strawberry Bubbly, Executive Man, Black Cherry and Mountain Man.

Soap Commander - Confidence, Courage, Endurance, Fortitude, Honor, Passion, Respect, Vision, Influence, Devotion and Integrity.

Need to start looking at a pre-shave oil.

s-l1600.jpg

No Tanifuji stamp. Still it was $20 delivered. Hopefully not junk.

Should be fine - It's Japanese silver steel right. I'm not sure what "WAPPANTED" is though! It looks like it might need some geometry correction too. The heel on the show side isn't touching down. My guess is if you place it on a lapped stone, it will wobble. No big deal, easy fixed. For $20 delivered... can't go wrong!

Should be fine - It's Japanese silver steel right. I'm not sure what "WAPPANTED" is though! It looks like it might need some geometry correction too. The heel on the show side isn't touching down. My guess is if you place it on a lapped stone, it will wobble. No big deal, easy fixed. For $20 delivered... can't go wrong!
Yes, the geometry is off. I'm guessing a rolling x stroke to hone it?
Either way, a cheap blade to teach me the tricks, or, if I really screw it up I've got some very nice scales in great condition.

Yes, the geometry is off. I'm guessing a rolling x stroke to hone it?
Either way, a cheap blade to teach me the tricks, or, if I really screw it up I've got some very nice scales in great condition.

Could do the rolling x, or instead of honing around the problem, why not fix the problem first?

Chantillon Lux, lots of Chantillon Lux.
Barrister & Mann
L&L Grooming & Chatillon Lux Soap

Last edited: