What do you have in the post right now?

I've, never had HAD. I've been cured of RAD and SAD but BAD is taking some doing. I came too close to ordering another M&F last night. Had it in the cart and everything but no. I will remain strong. Intrigue such as this only serves to further the rot. I won't bother asking for more details because clearly none will be forth coming until the photo's appear in the acquisitions thread will it?

M&F 30mm 3XL and Hoffritz 103 (Chubby3) both in butterscotch.

Also some soaps!

Sorry @todras, I tried to contact him regarding getting a knot last year and gotten no response what so ever. Very impressed you managed to get it direct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry @todras, I tried to contact him regarding getting a knot last year and gotten no response what so ever. Very impressed you managed to get it direct.

Yeah, you probably only wanted a 22 or 24 mm knot though.

Lee doesn't get out of bed for anything less than a 28mm ... :)

Yeah, you probably only wanted a 22 or 24 mm knot though.

Lee doesn't get out of bed for anything less than a 28mm ... :)

Actually I have an xl2 via brad which is a 28mm. If i can manage to get one it will be a 30 next year.

Do they come bigger than that I wonder?

I have read only VERY few people managing to just get a knot from Lee over the years (and yes I read through 270+ pages of the Blonde Badger thread)...if you thought getting a brush directly from him would be hard, think again ;)

I think the Alibaba and Polo come in 32 as well...

I have read only VERY few people managing to just get a knot from Lee over the years (and yes I read through 270+ pages of the Blonde Badger thread)...if you thought getting a brush directly from him would be hard, think again ;)

Ah that's explains it then. Do you know if he would be receptive if I sent him a blank?

Actually I have an xl2 via brad which is a 28mm. If i can manage to get one it will be a 30 next year.

Do they come bigger than that I wonder?

I sit corrected :)

Ah that's explains it then. Do you know if he would be receptive if I sent him a blank?
To be honest - no...But why don't you order a knot from Bernd? I'm sure he would make you anything you want...

To be honest - no...But why don't you order a knot from Bernd? I'm sure he would make you anything you want...

True but I like how the M&f feels more the the shavemac I have. I can't even express why or how they are different. When I got the shavemac I got that gel tipped feeling but now it's sort of changed. Not sure if I damaged it or what exactly [emoji848]

I have a merkur futor hopefully arriving tomorrow... always wanted one and won a auction for $40 on a mint one the other day.

M&F L7 Bulb 28mm in Ivory.

Going again mate or is this one you ordered last year in addition to the butterscotch?

I have to hang my head in shame and admit I ordered another. In faux Tortoise this time - which is what I wanted originally but received something different. Only because I now have some months to save up for it! :) So much for my resolve on no more hardware purchases!

Back in, I don't know - October or something I started the process of ordering a 100% custom brush (custom handle stock) from Bernd at Shavemac. When he got very busy at Christmas it was delayed and delayed until it finally arrived in January. I used it three times only to find the handle split. So he was very accommodating as he is and promised to send a new one when he received the broken one...It went back, weeks pass, tracking says delievered, emails are being sent, finally a reply - Oh it was stuck in customs I will send a new brush this week. So here I am in February 10 days past the date he promises a new brush being shipped and still nothing. Yet another email and back comes the reply;

Dear Customers, we are on vacation from 13 March 2017 till 21 March 2017.
Your orders will be proceeded on 22 March 2017 Your shavemac team

So what do I have in the post? Still nothing... Business must be really booming for Bernd because he is not handling the current work load! A M&F is quicker at the moment.

/rant

Going again mate

Going again, I liked the look of the one I saw posted here so much I thought why not. It will take some time to come, but I am in no hurry and they make an excellent brush.