DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

Maybe wait and see if I get through the training and pass the exams. Should be around Sept.

Of course if you don't pass the first time, you just HAVE to keep trying!

Ahh - Pastis. Takes me back to warm summer afternoon/evenings in the south of France playing Boules with the locals.
Takes me back to a beach party when I was 18, with half a bottle of it down my neck, riding a bicycle home. And later being told "I've never seen anyone ride on both sides of the road at once before..." :rolleyes:

Winter here now. Needs Rum!
I know you folks who live round Mt.Isa way put on a puffer jacket when temp gets down to 25C...but I'm getting frosts now. Yesterday was -1C...that's chilly enough to need Rum for sure.
So went online and bought this (just 'cos I liked the look of the bottle. Yeah it's cheap cr*p but may be drinkable).
https://www.whiskyandmore.co.nz/col...ommander-n-chief-caribbean-gold-xxx-rum-750ml
Then went looking for something with a bit more class and bought this...
https://www.whiskyandmore.co.nz/col...e-barrel-5yo-rum-700ml?variant=18728668561470
Not up there with my Angostura though. Was going to buy more of this but thought I should explore a few more brews/flavours.
Anyway, years ago my brother and I worked at a mine not far from Mt.Isa.
One morning (Aussie Winter time) my brother walks in to breakfast wearing T shirt, shorts, and Jandals (flip flops).
There is an Aussie girl sitting there in a puffer jacket, arms folded to keep warm, and she was shivering!!!
Took one look at my brother and said "Geez, I hate you F....n Kiwis".
She was cold, but to us it was a nice warm 20C early morning.
Hard to please some people! We thought it was lovely.
Anyway...be safe, be warm, be kind.

Anyway, years ago my brother and I worked at a mine not far from Mt.Isa.
One morning (Aussie Winter time) my brother walks in to breakfast wearing T shirt, shorts, and Jandals (flip flops).
There is an Aussie girl sitting there in a puffer jacket, arms folded to keep warm, and she was shivering!!!
Took one look at my brother and said "Geez, I hate you F....n Kiwis".
She was cold, but to us it was a nice warm 20C early morning.
Hard to please some people! We thought it was lovely.
Anyway...be safe, be warm, be kind.

Got nothing to do with the cold, everything to do with your brother being a Kiwi :ROFLMAO:

[... and maybe something to do with that Bledisloe Cup thingy ...]

Not been drinking much of anything for quite a while - even the paste and cut coolaid.
After what has been a fairly stressful week organising remote Australian travel for others I decided to have a Port Charlotte MRC:01 tonight after arriving home and my mind was blown all over again. Such a fantastic smokey , fruity, winey drop.

Nice ...

oI3rZKxl.jpg

I think I'll wait until they are in the "bargain bin" near the checkout before I get one:ROFLMAO:

I hope that you are a patient man ...