A few thoughts:
Early-returns-1_zps8fa4f6df.jpg

It will be a brush

It will make lather

It will be designated as a P&C limited edition

Beyond that I'm not fussy.

Thanks @alfredus :)

Hey - Happy shaving :)

@Normie what size is you're head is it narrow, narrow to average, average, average to wide or wide face, do you face lather a lot or do sometime bowl lather that way @alfredus could give you a rough idea of you're knot size and loft length, and if you like a bulb, fan shape or flat shape. What kind of badger grade hair do you want to go with you're brush a silvertip 2-band, silvertip D01 or silvertip D01 2-band, and you can choose if you want a fine badger (which is best badger) or pure badger of you're choice see link below.

http://www.shavemac.com/products/Experts/Shaving-Brush-EXPERTS-SELECT.html
Like I said before, I'm no brush connoisseur! :) I guess I have somewhat of an average face, although I have been told that I have a big head!:unsure:
I haven't even got a bowl to lather in, so I have only ever and will probably only ever face lather. :whistle:
I'm happy to go with the general consensus, because this brush will likely be better than any of my previous purchases! (y)
Just thought I would put in my very basic request with my limited experience. I only have 3 brushes ATM so easily persuaded! :D

Like I said before, I'm no brush connoisseur! :) I guess I have somewhat of an average face, although I have been told that I have a big head!:unsure:
I haven't even got a bowl to lather in, so I have only ever and will probably only ever face lather. :whistle:
I'm happy to go with the general consensus, because this brush will likely be better than any of my previous purchases! (y)
Just thought I would put in my very basic request with my limited experience. I only have 3 brushes ATM so easily persuaded! :D

@Normie as you're a face lather and you have an average face okay you're pretty much the same as me and what you need is to keep you're loft length between 48mm to 52mm (means length of badger hair), the longer the loft of the brush will become to floppy and too messy while creating a face lather which mean you need a bowl for longer loft do you understand so far. Which means you need to keep you're loft length short for face lathering only not long do you understand so far, okay I would say as you're the same as me average face the perfect brush for you would be

How about a Shavemac brush for you setup for face lathering would be
Shape:- 167
Color:- Blue Marble
Knot Shape:- Fan Shape
Quality and Size:- 24 - 26 mm Silvertip 2-Band
Hair length (Loft):- 50 - 52 mm
Shavemac logo:- Logo on bottom

Last edited:
@Normie as you're a face lather and you have an average face okay you're pretty much the same as me and what you need is to keep you're loft length between 48mm to 52mm (means length of badger hair), the longer the loft of the brush will become to floppy and to mess while creating a face lather which mean you need a bowl for longer loft do you understand so far. Which means you need to keep you're loft length short for face lathering only not long do you understand so far, okay I would say as you're the same as me average face the perfect brush for you would be

How about a Shavemac brush for you setup for face lathering would be
Shape:- 167
Color:- Blue Marble
Knot Shape:- Fan Shape
Quality and Size:- 24-26 mm Silvertip 2-Band
Hair length (Loft):- 50 mm
Shavemac logo:- Logo on bottom
The perfect brush maybe 52mm loft

@Normie forgot to tell you is NEVER go over 52mm loft for face lathering always keep between 48 to 52mm no more.

Ignore that unless you're specifically talking about a shavemac 2-band of no more than 26mm width... For example, if you were to go for the d01 with a knot of >25mm, you may very well want to exceed that (but would still recommend asking Bernd for advice). Same as with all things shaving, there is no "one size fits all" (though a 2:1 loft to knot ratio for bulbs and 1:1.9 for fan is often referred to as a guide).

Last edited:
Ignore that unless you're specifically talking about a shavemac 2-band of no more than 26mm width... For example, if you were to go for the d01 with a knot of >25mm, you may very well want to exceed that (but would still recommend asking Bernd for advice). Same as with all things shaving, there is no "one size fits all" (though a 2:1 loft to knot ratio for bulbs and 1:1.9 for fan is often referred to as a guide).

@Korbz I have a Simpsons Chubby 2 and it a 27mm knot with a 50mm loft, and it wouldn't make any difference if someone like to keep it just like a Chubby 2 which I have no issue at all face lathering, however I do understand what your saying recommend asking Bernd for advice because he know a lot about shavemac brushes and recommendation on knot size and loft length.

@Korbz I have a Simpsons Chubby 2 and it a 27mm knot with a 50mm loft, and it wouldn't make any difference if someone like to keep it just like a Chubby 2 which I have no issue at all face lathering, however I do understand what your saying recommend asking Bernd for advice because he know a lot about shavemac brushes and recommendation on knot size and loft length.
@SpeedyPC with the greatest respect mate, you need to do more research before making such claims. You can't say "NEVER" go above 52mm for face lathering, as there will be some hair types and configurations used where optimal performance is at a greater loft. If you went for a 27mm D01 3-band Silvertip bulb knot at 50mm for example, it would be WAY too scratchy. Each knot manufacturer is different, and each requires its own research.

Last edited:
A few thoughts:
Early-returns-1_zps8fa4f6df.jpg
That's Bob Quinn - correct? I absolutely adore those handles as well but not too sure about the knots...not too many reviews out there...

I would really like to get something, that gives people, who have never experienced a decent badger a wow moment - but also satisfies the more experienced badger users...

I would really like to get something, that gives people, who have never experienced a decent badger a wow moment - but also satisfies the more experienced badger users...

With that statement there, you have my full support to make a decision as you see fit, Lord Commander Lathermeister.

Although that black red handle looks amazing.