Morris & Forndran

#1204. Which I'm quite happy with. Just bought three brushes recently. I'm guessing 6 months on this one. Gives me time to save.

I am wondering whether to put my name in or let it be. They will probably close the books. I think the wait list is more attractive than the brushes. More a fear of missing out on that best in class brush.

Maybe you and @todras can chat to each other and see if you can work out a deal.

Now, BOT ...

Just noticed this on the website -

October 6 Update:
The response to our collaboration with Morris & Forndran has been incredible! Orders have come in far faster than anticipated; so while we will do our best to fill orders as quickly as possible, need to extend the lead time to three-to-four months!

Oh dear guys - you broke the system! I can see why ...

SB_AGrube_2_1024x1024.jpg
SB_DPoto_1_1024x1024.jpg

Ever one for @alfredus, he like a bigger brush -

SBH_NWayer_medium.jpg
(Custom Butterscotch Polo Handle made to fit a Huge 58mm Display Knot shown next to a Morris & Forndran Polo 12)

That 58mm polo has your name on it @borked you said you want a big knot :)

WOW! Sounds like this has blown out a little.

I would expect that the list will at least get temporarily closed shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually 12 hours too late for this one - crazy week and I just skimmed my usual sources...

When chances like this come up you have to take them...I would assume that the orders will soon be backlogged for 6 months and then the books will be closed...the real chatter has already started

I agree. Brad is talking like he can keep orders open but I don't see that happening.

I agree. Brad is talking like he can keep orders open but I don't see that happening.

I am not sure how many of these orders are genuine. Maybe he should had a small deposit or at least a short list that he can reopen periodically. Not many people can predict their circumstances 6 month from now.

I am not sure how many of these orders are genuine. Maybe he should had a small deposit or at least a short list that he can reopen periodically. Not many people can predict their circumstances 6 month from now.
Be a right royal arsehole act to place an order, based upon a hunch, with no intent to buy, or to see it go to his seconds/discarded/rejects etc pile at a discount, to save a few dollars!
Yet those special type of folks actually exist!

Be a right royal arsehole act to place an order, based upon a hunch, with no intent to buy, or to see it go to his seconds/discarded/rejects etc pile at a discount, to save a few dollars!
Yet those special type of folks actually exist!

Indeed! He is manufacturing brushes, THEN, sending a photo and asking for payment. Personally I would be asking for payment in full, or at least 50% before manufacture. I wouldn't glue the knot until all the money is in either.

Surely he will email those who ordered asking for confirmation before proceeding?

Indeed! He is manufacturing brushes, THEN, sending a photo and asking for payment. Personally I would be asking for payment in full, or at least 50% before manufacture. I wouldn't glue the knot until all the money is in either.

Surely he will email those who ordered asking for confirmation before proceeding?
I'm assuming I'll get an email before he starts my brush. I hope so as I'd like to confirm my colour choices.
To be fair, most brush makers do this. Wolf Whiskers make the brush and send you a pic before he invoices you. The last brush he made for me I changed my mind about the knot after he'd already turned the handle. He needed to make a bigger handle and wasn't bothered at all about me changing my mind. Peter said that he would be able to sell that handle no problem It speaks highly of the attention to detail and care for customers of these artisan brush makers. It's one of the reasons that people keep coming back to them.

When I searched lee on the internet the top results were about a) inconsistent quality of knots and b) him being hard to contact

My concern is whether or not he will be able to handle the 200-300 orders.

All decent brush makers handle it like that, because they do great work and know, they have zero problems selling it in a heartbeat, if you don't want it ...

How long do you think a finished M&F brush will last in an online store - 30 sec maybe?

These are 2 very talented craftsmen who offer a premium product...demand will always be higher than supply and wait times are unavoidable.

For those of you who ordered one, I have only 1 recommendation: just forget about it and pretend it never happened. One day, when you least expect it, you will have a stellar picture in your inbox and you will start drooling :D

After you get your brush, you will most likely love it and start posting pictures in your SOTD. Other people will drool and start bitching, that they can't get one if these and the wait time is now a year or the collaboration has stopped all together. And you will be thinking, why are people like that - it was so easy to place the order in the first place...

@alfredus I get that, and I am not too fussed on the wait but not sure on the quality and value. Ie is it a top shelf product and whether it's worth it to me. I get the feeling the law of diminishing return applies. That said, I have placed my order

@todras just out of curiosity what was the order number you received in your order summary email?

No comment...but it was double digits not 3 or 4. I got lucky in that someone from the US cancelled the order and I was in an email chat with the owner of the joint about my brush (30mm XL M&F in Butterscotch)

I posted the link shortly after ordering, the page had gone live 6 hours before I posted the link here.

No comment...but it was double digits not 3 or 4. I got lucky in that someone from the US cancelled the order and I was in an email chat with the owner of the joint about my brush (30mm XL M&F in Butterscotch)

I posted the link shortly after ordering, the page had gone live 6 hours before I posted the link here.
Which knot did you order @todras and why?