Morris & Forndran

Which knot did you order @todras and why?

'Finest' as I bowl lather exclusively and wanted a knot with a little more backbone, it is worth noting I am ordering one of the Morris & Forndran XL models with no mucking around, dual bands or other customisation. I wanted a traditional, high quality brush in butterscotch but with a 30mm knot.

I am paying $235 USD for it from memory which is fine as it is exactly what I want from M&F. The only other brush I will order new in the near future is a new Chubby 2 or 3 in Manchurian (Faux Butterscotch) from Simpson but that will come in at around $460 AUD so I am waiting until the wife is in a good mood before pulling the trigger on that puppy.

I'm still resisting.

This sabbatical thing is killing me ...

Go on @Mark1966 you know you want it so bad because you've got plenty of money for another brush, as long as you're wife doesn't find out just make sure you send your shipment to work the way she'll never know.

The knot made by Lee Sabini.....

There are Lee Sabini hand-knotted brushes available online. (I just checked and they are still available.)

But you'd have to be content with not being able to flaunt that it's a Lee Sabini knotted brush... (And most of you brush-nutters aren't willing to go that low. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23])

When I searched lee on the internet the top results were about a) inconsistent quality of knots and b) him being hard to contact

My concern is whether or not he will be able to handle the 200-300 orders.
There's a reason that no one has answered this yet as it's a very real concern...

That said, I'm sure that a brush made & guaranteed from these two artisans would be superb. I can see why many would want to jump into this deal. You're getting a unique brush that is truly handmade.

But you'd have to be content with not being able to flaunt that it's a Lee Sabini knotted brush... (And most of you brush-nutters aren't willing to go that low.

That my friend is bloody hilarious. The concept of the 'brush nutter'

/coughs
I am the proud owner of a "Doug Korn D7 with TGN Finest"...gone are the much simpler SOTD days of "SJOL 26mm SB" and so on. I have it written down on a post it note by the computer as I always forget. I know that if I post it incorrectly in a SOTD @alfredus the previous owner who commissioned the brush would tear me to shreds. Not that I am suggesting for a second that he is a 'Brush Nutter' :p

You really do like those failed sabbatical banners don't you! [emoji14]

I might start collecting them now it seems I'm not getting the 'Grand Society' one.

Missed out on the 2015 though ...

I might start collecting them now it seems I'm not getting the 'Grand Society' one.

Missed out on the 2015 though ...

You didn't fail soon enough my friend... [emoji38]

Bit of an update in regards to my order, I received an email from 'Lee S' who will be making my brush in the UK shortly and sending it out to me to save on postage and speed the process up a bit. I am advised in a matter of weeks due to the model and stipulation that it be both traditional and butterscotch. I sure do hope this 'Lee S' guy knows what he is doing /polite cough.

From my email correspondence, depending on your order and model, where possible Lee will be turning the brushes himself and billing and mailing them direct from the UK to us in Australia which is something I have no opposition to whatsoever :)

There are Lee Sabini hand-knotted brushes available online. (I just checked and they are still available.)

But you'd have to be content with not being able to flaunt that it's a Lee Sabini knotted brush... (And most of you brush-nutters aren't willing to go that low. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23])

There's a reason that no one has answered this yet as it's a very real concern...

That said, I'm sure that a brush made & guaranteed from these two artisans would be superb. I can see why many would want to jump into this deal. You're getting a unique brush that is truly handmade.
The reason I didn't want to go into this debate, is that IMO it us absolute BS.

There are always people, who will be unhappy with a brush, no matter what. And of course not every knot is perfect for everyone...

Having said that, there are very few people I would trust to make me a brush to THEIR specifications that will make ME happy - Ken from Paladin and of course his original "mentor" Lee S.

There is a reason for example you have no input on the loft with those brushes.

I also don't want to "preach" - every one has to think and decide for themselves what they want and what not...

&alfredus you certainly convinced me.

The reason I didn't want to go into this debate, is that IMO it us absolute BS.

There are always people, who will be unhappy with a brush, no matter what. And of course not every knot is perfect for everyone...

Having said that, there are very few people I would trust to make me a brush to THEIR specifications that will make ME happy - Ken from Paladin and of course his original "mentor" Lee S.

There is a reason for example you have no input on the loft with those brushes.

I also don't want to "preach" - every one has to think and decide for themselves what they want and what not...

Don't want to preach? Fine, good. Teach instead! You are, as far as I am concerned the #1 brush nutter!

Don't want to preach? Fine, good. Teach instead! You are, as far as I am concerned the #1 brush nutter!
I only like to teach to those who seek (that has always been my problem with students).

But I need to know that you are serious and actually want to put in some effort as well...

I only like to teach to those who seek (that has always been my problem with students).

But I need to know that you are serious and actually want to put in some effort as well...

Done. What do you need?

No one joins here if they are not interested

Done. What do you need?

No one joins here if they are not interested
What's your current collection consist of?
I might have to come around (you're still in Syd right?) and loan a brush or two, so you've an idea of different makers and what a large brush actually is like.
Perhaps @alfredus could afford some of his more common brushes up upon loan too?

I might have to come around (you're still in Syd right?) and loan a brush or two, so you've an idea of different makers and what a large brush actually is like.
Perhaps @alfredus could afford some of his more common brushes up upon loan too?
I'm not sure that @alfredus owns that many "common" brushes lol

Shavemac 167 and the new tsw and a small Simpson butterscotch from @Mark1966

Last edited by a moderator: