Morris & Forndran

What's your current collection consist of?
I might have to come around (you're still in Syd right?) and loan a brush or two, so you've an idea of different makers and what a large brush actually is like.
Perhaps @alfredus could afford some of his more common brushes up upon loan too?

That's very generous of you @borked (y)

Unfortunately @nsavage is right - I have currently 5 badgers and none of them is common. I have sold/PIF'd all others...

Shavemac 167 and the new tsw and a small Simpson butterscotch from @Mark1966

Do you know the hair type and knot size of your Shavemac and the Simpson?

What do you like about your brushes and what do you dislike? (both knot and handle)

What are you looking for in a new brush? (both knot and handle)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know the hair type and knot size of your Shavemac and the Simpson?

What do you like about your brushes and what do you dislike? (both knot and handle)

What are you looking for in a new brush? (both knot and handle)

Shavemac is a bulb knot 24mm silver tip

Likes. Soft, hooked tips.
Dislike: just a little bit firmer.

Handle is nice. Had a couple of Persian jar shaped did not like the weight of.

Simpson is unknown grade hair. Small knot. Too small. Would make a good travel brush or I may pass it on. The couple of times I used backbone was alright.

If you're interested, I'll dig out what brushes I've got and come visit :)

That is very generous mate. This weekend is a bit busy. But will organise something soon.

The inevitable has now occurred and Brad has announced that he is now not taking any new orders until at least the end of November.....

Sounds reasonable. I will now do as @alfredus suggested and forget I have ever placed an order. :)

The inevitable has now occurred and Brad has announced that he is now not taking any new orders until at least the end of November.....

Sounds like a good time to start auctioning your place in the queue ...

Sounds like a good time to start auctioning your place in the queue ...

Funny you should say that. I went to order, then changed my mind. The next day I placed and order and my confirmation email said two brushes. I presume the browser cookies had one in the cart for me still. I emailed brad asking him to change that to one which he did.

Last couple of days I have to admit to have wishing I'd left it at two - get one of each knot and sell the one I like least because as you say, I'd get back what I paid for it! The risk is I'd like them both!!

As predicted - my deepest respect for Brad for keeping it open as long as he did (y)

Time now for my next prediction: you will not be able to order like this in 2016 again...if ever - and I so hope I am wrong

As predicted - my deepest respect for Brad for keeping it open as long as he did (y)

Time now for my next prediction: you will not be able to order like this in 2016 again...if ever - and I so hope I am wrong

Care to predict when these will start showing up?

l8szOwx.jpg

So what did everyone order? I grabbed this one

c22387411fe6e288eb7fabd55e6a9c47.jpg

No reason other than I like the handle.

2XL Fan w/ Blonde badger in Disco Haze or Dark Coral. Hoping to get an email from Brad ahead of the order to confirm the rod, but don't really care either way. I may even change my mind between now and then and see if anyone here wants to jump in.