Official P&C 2018 Sabbatical (& Back to Basics) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question.

Is it acceptable to have things sent off for restoration?
I have a black beauty I want to get restored and painted up to give to my father.

Anyone fallen off the wagon yet?
Not that have received their banner..

Just a quick question.

I have a black beauty I want to get restored and painted up to give to my father.
That is a tough question, glad I’m not a mod! Too much pressure

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick question.

I would say yes to this - it is not for you but your father!

Just a quick question.

This fine as I interpret the rules. Paying for a service to maintain your equipment is not part of a sabbatical.
If not allowed then you can not get a Barber shave or blade honed as these too are shave related services. Getting your razor serviced, maintained and painted is a service not a purchase as you have already purchased the item.

This fine as I interpret the rules. Paying for a service to maintain your equipment is not part of a sabbatical.
If not allowed then you can not get a Barber shave or blade honed as these too are shave related services. Getting your razor serviced, maintained and painted is a service not a purchase as you have already purchased the item.
I’m inclined to agree as it’s not for you, in the same way if I bought someone a razor for their birthday.

Just a quick question.

Approved without without prejudice. You are not buying hardware or software. The Sabbatical is about not buying more gear, improving what you have is fine - for your father or for yourself.

Hehe @the_shaving_sailor you found the loophole!
Guys I’m off to buy soaps.. for my wife

You cannot touch them.... or your wife might find you with a yellow banner wrapped around your neck!

Approved without without prejudice. You are not buying hardware or software. The Sabbatical is about not buying more gear, improving what you have is fine - for your father or for yourself.

You cannot touch them.... or your wife might find you with a yellow banner wrapped around your neck!
She didn’t like them... or the razors I bought for her

Out of curiosity, and i might be asking for a mate here, is the sabbatical transferable from one gent to another mid year?

Status
Not open for further replies.