Paste & Cut Travelling Box No. 2 - Reviews and Comments thread

Today's post.... brought to you by back to the future.

Blade
g_platinum.jpg

Implement of hair removal good enough for a Bond movie.
ac028-gilette-razor.jpg

Shedomatic
287n60h.jpg

Soap
Original-shave-cream.jpg

After Shave
floid-after-shave-genuino-edicion-especial-400-ml.jpg

Gillette Platinum, actually not bad and reasonably sharp, felt no tugging.
Occams Original, good lather, slickness and cushion.
The scent is not doing it for me unfortunately, it's just not me.
Floid Vigoroso? nah, not for me, I don't get what everyone's raving on about with this.
Didn't perform as I expected and if anything, caused more irritation than before I applied it, which lasted an unreasonably significant time.

Tonight's (Friday) combination was to revisit Occams Original and Floid Vigoroso, whilst testing a new blade.
While Occams continues to perform, it's scent is too challenging for me to consider purchasing the original, yet if the lime performs like this and it's a traditional lime aroma... :eek: my poor wallet.
One thing, it's opened my eyes to olive oil based shave creams.

If aftershave irritates, it's the result of the shave IME. No aftershave has ever caused it.

Going on your posts here, that could be the issue here. You're trying an awful lot of stuff, and your technique sounds like it's needing work, that's often a combination that slwos down progress. There are no magic products out there, but I realise you're looking for ones that don't give you grief. That's why sticking with a combo that works, til you know you've got your side of things sorted, is a good approach. Traveling boxes don't help with that.

Whatever follows a bad shave is unlikely to make it a lot better.

Today's post.... brought to you by the return of the recently supersceded @stillshunter .

Blade
g_platinum.jpg

Implement of hair removal good enough for a Bond movie.
ac028-gilette-razor.jpg

Shedomatic
287n60h.jpg

Soap
SCAV_1024x1024.jpg

After Shave
1aftershave-lotion-aloe-vera.jpg

Gillette Platinum, actually not bad and reasonably sharp, felt no tugging, even on the second shave.
Edwin Jagger shaving cream, good lather, slickness and cushion.
Edwin Jagger after shave cream, better than yesterdays effort and didn't irritate for several hours like the Floid did, yet remained oily/greasy.

If given both, I'd be happy to use them, yet wouldn't run out to purchase them.

Strange borked I really liked the EJ aloe Vera

Each to their own

If aftershave irritates, it's the result of the shave IME. No aftershave has ever caused it.

Going on your posts here, that could be the issue here. You're trying an awful lot of stuff, and your technique sounds like it's needing work, that's often a combination that slwos down progress. There are no magic products out there, but I realise you're looking for ones that don't give you grief. That's why sticking with a combo that works, til you know you've got your side of things sorted, is a good approach. Traveling boxes don't help with that.

Whatever follows a bad shave is unlikely to make it a lot better.
I know my shave is nowhere near perfect, yet for the burn/sting effect to last for hours is a first for a product, particularly when it's upon more than one occasion.
I do understand what you're sharing here and there are several products that I simply would not use again due to scent/personal reactions/not working and a few that I will revising after more time in the lab.
I find there are items that reduce the effects of a bad shave and those that react.
I'm seeking the best out of something when I'm at my worse.
If they're unable to perform in worse case scenarios, they're (to me at least) inferior to other products.

Strange borked I really liked the EJ aloe Vera

Each to their own
If I'm suggesting it is a bad product, then I need to adjust how I'm projecting my observations, as it is not, it's just not for me.
Maybe a different scent would win me over ?

Great reviews! Keep them coming @borked

Occams Original, good lather, slickness and cushion.

]Occams [/B]continues to perform, it's scent is too challenging for me to consider purchasing the original, yet if the lime performs like this and it's a traditional lime aroma... :eek: my poor wallet.

I have the same thoughts, anyone chime in for the lime?

Today's post.... brought to you by back to the future.

FWIW there's far more stearic acid than anything else - we've included olive oil because it's amazingly good for the skin, but it's certainly not the main ingredient...

FWIW there's far more stearic acid than anything else - we've included olive oil because it's amazingly good for the skin, but it's certainly not the main ingredient...

In my experience, anything with more than 'a couple of drops' tends to make a really crappy lather. As long as the major ingredient is either Tallowate/Stearate and the olive oil is there as an additive/conditioner and not the major saponified ingredient then it is generally fine.

In my experience, anything with more than 'a couple of drops' tends to make a really crappy lather. As long as the major ingredient is either Tallowate/Stearate and the olive oil is there as an additive/conditioner and not the major saponified ingredient then it is generally fine.

There's plenty more than a couple of drops in our shaving cream but yep - still a minor ingredient, stearic's usually the key for a good cream or soap from what I've seen too.

Jeez, I thought it bad enough to have to follow @Lifes a Peach and @filobiblic ….now I even got to keep up with @borked . Talk about raising the bar - I'll need to supplement photos of kit with those of brand mascots. Hmmm….best dust off Miss Speick again.

Great reviews @borked mate!!!!
My ghost writer suggested pictures easily distract from a distinct lack of body in text ;)

I have the same thoughts, anyone chime in for the lime?
Once I've finished with this and a few other things, I've a sample generously provided to interested members of this round of the travelling box by @Occams to try.
I'm looking forward to it :)

I am actually going to get off my arse and order a tub of the @Occams Lime, and also a couple of the Barrister soaps once I have cleaned up the tin of Simpsons cream.

I am actually a bit disappointed how fast I have gone through the Simpsons, maybe I am using too much. Can't fault the lather though, and the GF loves the scent.

Could I request a sample ?
Is the only other one in the range I'm curious about tbh and fern scent arrangements tend to be where I reside :)

Monday's post.... brought to you by secret societies that your nose has no business within .

Blade
Derby%20Extra%20Double%20Edge%20Razor%20Blades%20Tuck-600x600.jpg

Razor (image stolen from Pureman.com.au)
bestprice.jpg

Shedomatic
287n60h.jpg

Soap
taylor-old-bond-st-mr-taylors-shaving-cream__63461__81733.1405453778.1280.1280.jpg

After Shave
pGNC1-3445021t300x300.jpg

Derby Extra, thought I'd try this in the Pureman with it's reputation for mildness, yet my experience is it's NOT for open combs.
Insane amounts of irritation.
Taylor of Bond Street Mr Taylors, good lather, slickness and cushion, well I think it was, a bit hard to tell due to the blade/razor combo.
The scent is not too bad actually. Think if I've time, I will try it again to be more certain.
Thayers Lavender with Aloe Vera Witch Hazel, reached for this due to my experience with the non scented version.
Product worked, yet not as well as unscented imho. Lavender scent wasn't exactly relaxing either.

After this, I cleaned and packed away the Pureman OC, considering my experimentation with it over after giving it a generous and fair chance to become better acquainted with it.

Derbys are duds. [emoji107]