Platypus - 1st P&C LE brush is HERE – please add your pictures

I'm with you here upon this one.
I look at it, marvel the workmanship for something that's been produced by someone that has only been producing brushes for a few months, realise the exquisite skill and creativity gone into this, then remember there's only 25 of them to ever be made, and simply am unable to bring myself to use it!

@Tony Forsyth these are simply unbelievable considering your level of experience making brushes.
They're top notch for any artisan, let alone that!
I hope our American friends whore the images of these out upon the forums over the ditch, driving their members insanely jealous to the point they're virtually kicking your door down to throw their money at you for the chance of you making them a brush :)
Just let me finalise an order with you before you justifiably increase your pricing too ;)

Thanks mate, much appreciated (y)

@Tony Forsyth posted the tracking info for US members in post #29 in this thread...
He certainly did. I just missed missed it. No worries. I'm just anxious to get this brush, the last item I had on order prior to the start of this Sabbatical Year. Jeez. It's only been about 45 days and I'm having withdrawal symptoms. Thanks to all.

P.S. Too bad about your AusFarce. Our USPS is just a modern marvel of efficiency. FedEx will soon be driven out of business. Recently sent a Shavemac back to Germany for repair. Took nearly 6 weeks.

Last edited:
I received mine today, thanks to the incredibly selfless @alfredus who delivered it personally, even though I wasn't home. Talk about a gentl.... I mean a great bloke!!

To @Tony Forsyth, what a superb effort. Like others have said, this won't be the last brush I purchase of yours.

To @Korbz, @monsta, @alfredus and anyone else who helped make this happen, thankyou very much. What I like about this hobby (and P&C), as much as razors and brushes, is the way the people involved in it conduct themselves. I'm proud to own 1 of the 25.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I really missed the Platypus Brush boat. My blunder. Question, "When is the production of the wattle green and yellow WOMBAT brush expected to begin???" I would have bought one sight unseen just for the name Platypus. Hence the Wombat question. Cheers.
If you really want the Platypus, you may have mine for my cost plus shipping. It would instantly become the most well travelled Platypus on earth. I'm assuming it'll show up here in Florida, USA sometime soon.

OK guys. I see the post office truck come by and stuff a large envelope in the mailbox. So, I run out and its from Tony Forsyth. Well, hooray! I rip it open, cut through the prodigious amount of bubble wrap (nice job, Tony), only to find this. All along, I thought I was getting a piece of Australian artistry. Hell, I could've ordered something like this through Amazon or Walmart.

Seriously, short of being run over by an 18-wheeler, no postal service in the world could've damaged this sucker. Can't wait to give it go. Thanks to you all for letting this antipode participate.

OK guys. I see the post office truck come by and stuff a large envelope in the mailbox. So, I run out and its from Tony Forsyth. Well, hooray! I rip it open, cut through the prodigious amount of bubble wrap (nice job, Tony), only to find this. All along, I thought I was getting a piece of Australian artistry. Hell, I could've ordered something like this through Amazon or Walmart.

Seriously, short of being run over by an 18-wheeler, no postal service in the world could've damaged this sucker. Can't wait to give it go. Thanks to you all for letting this antipode participate.

:ROFLMAO: Definately not made in China !!! I used a lot of bubble wrap and lots and lots of cardboard cut to suit. My mind is at ease now that it has arrived safe and well.
Cheers
Tony

:ROFLMAO: Definately not made in China !!! I used a lot of bubble wrap and lots and lots of cardboard cut to suit. My mind is at ease now that it has arrived safe and well.
Cheers
Tony
Well, just finished my first shave with Platypus. Unique and beautiful to look at, comfortable in hand, easy to lather, and feels great on the skin. Damn nice.

Cheerios back at ya. And thanks.

Guy's,
@Joucas thinks and looks like he may have received a Fan instead of a Bulb. If he did then it would mean that someone else must have received the incorrect one as sizes (24mm - 26mm) and knot shapes (Bulb Fan) were counted and checked during the making of the Platypus brush and everything checked out. I was also very pedantic during the whole making and especially the packing so I am at a loss as to explaining why or how. Does everyone have what they asked for? and does everybody now have their brushes ??
Thanks
Tony

OK, I will check mine and @boldsworth - which is a 24mm fan

@nsavage if you want me to check yours as well, please let me know

I still have @Korbz Brush here which is a 26mm Bulb he is planning to collect it this coming weekend. @Joucas can you post a picture here of your P&C LE Brush mate.
Thanks
Tony

OK, I will upload pictures in a bit and without measuring:
my 26mm bulb is a bulb/hybrid and has the same size as my Protoype
@boldsworth 24mm fan is definitely smaller and has a smaller knot - and the knot is a fan

This is what the 26mm brushes looked like together.

LFY5VhY.jpg