Shave of the Day - 2024

PXL-20240103-194534702-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: TroyCraft "Polar Nocturne" 28mm AP Titanium
Soap: Yardley
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Ismaili Selection, Yemen

A few years ago I picked up a puck of Yardley just to remind myself of where it all started for me in the '70s. Since then, I may have got a little carried away. This is how the current stash stands...

PXL-20240118-005232954-PORTRAIT.jpg

Time to stop perhaps. :unsure:

Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne

A few years ago I picked up a puck of Yardley just to remind myself of where it all started for me in the '70s. Since then, I may have got a little carried away. This is how the current stash stands...

Nah

I can think of no reason to.

NO!! :)

I normally go 400 (or lower if needed), 600, 1k, 2k W&D them finish with Autosol - all by hand.
My fingers were getting tired so that’s when the Dremel comes into play. When finished, I then had to set the bevel, go through a progression of stones and then diamond pasted balsa for completion. Took me just under three hours with a couple of short breaks while I watched the cricket.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger in Tall Amber Resin 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Pb 40 Thieves (sample) - thanks @Pbgoose
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / NOS English Wilky #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac 'Craftsman' Natural Spray EDT

This is the weirdest greenie dirtiest strangest scent I've ever smelled, and I cannot grab each scent at a time, so bloody strange and I like it (sort of). :eek::jawdrop:o_O:nailbiting:

It's not a Barbershop scent.

Last edited: