Plisson
Speick stick
Merkur 34cHD / Feather blade
Alum
Stray Whisker ASB spiked with PAA Alfin
Creed Original Vetiver

You travel in style!!!

Inoue%20Fujisuke_zps5udl0irc.jpg

Note the "flat" right at the toe. Was doing a bit of work on my rack yesterday when the vibration from the woodwork caused the kami to vibrate right off the table, fall a metre and land on the concrete floor. Oh well; lesson learned I guess.

Last 2 days I have dragged the kami down, slapped a bit of ARKO on the face and shaved. Yesterday was very disappointing. I was halfway through the first pass at around 2.00pm when my wife comes into the shave den and announces we have to get to the chemist PRONTO for some hair dye/colour. Well that wrecked the whole mood (call it state of "calm" I guess). Finished off the first pass and "obeyed".

Today's shave was mush better. 2 pass and a tidy around the mid to lower neck. No nicks and all good. I'll finish the rest the week off with the kami but I've loaded my shave bowl with some Shaver Heaven Barbershop for the next week. Kami's need more love around here. Great razor to use but I just prefer straights.

Sunday 21 August 2016

SOTD-21082016.jpg

Mastro Livi Club Razor 2016 CarboInox, 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point

The great moment has finally come and I could shave with the long awaited Mastro Livi Club Razor 2016 edition, a magnificent straight razor, a pure and exquisite masterpiece, just another superlative work from Mastro Livi. Yesterday I received a phone call from Mastro Livi and he told me I could go to his laboratory and pick up my club razor. It has been an exciting day, not only for the club razor, but also for the launch of the new Mastro Livi website, completely new and loaded with lots of information about this revered craftsman, in particular the story of his family and his professional career. As for the club razor, it is a superb shaver, giving the usual velvety and close shave a Mastro Livi CarboInox is capable of giving. Superb straight razor, superb shave!​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Aguzzeria del Cavallo
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Bristle, Padouk Handle, 26mm knot
  • Bowl: Mastro Livi Olive Wood Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Club Razor 2016 CarboInox, 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Brut

YkpaYu0.jpg

Pre: Occam's Original Pre Shave Soap
Brush: Occams SB
Razor/Blade: ATT Colossus R1, Feather
Soap: Shaver Heaven Vanilla Oak
Aftershave: Beaver Woodwright - Captain Scurvey

03Rioiel.jpg

Same shave as a few weeks back but with a London Bridge (vintage) blade with a good half-dozen uses notched up...
The iColonali has such a great unique scent - warm & spicy. It's one of a few soaps that have menthol as the norm and not an advertised highlight (LEA being another). The lather, I find, is slick but not as much protection as others. Post-shave feel is good, and the scent tends to linger a while.

03Rioiel.jpg

Same shave as a few weeks back but with a London Bridge (vintage) blade with a good half-dozen uses notched up...
The iColonali has such a great unique scent - warm & spicy. It's one of a few soaps that have menthol as the norm and not an advertised highlight (LEA being another). The lather, I find, is slick but not as much protection as others. Post-shave feel is good, and the scent tends to linger a while.

Great photo and lovely 'mini-review' :)

Maybe a full review thread on the iColonali?

SOTD-21082016.jpg

It has been an exciting day, not only for the club razor, but also for the launch of the new Mastro Livi website, completely new and loaded with lots of information about this revered craftsman, in particular the story of his family and his professional career.

Great shave and great news!!!

So what's the website? Any discount for us antipodeans? [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

20160822_SOTDSSepia_zpsglakaetr.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Schick Injector I2 Hydro Magic (on loan from @boldsworth)
Blade: Personna Injector (2)
Brush: Paladin TSN LE
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Another very generous loan from @boldsworth - a Schick Hydromagic!

The shave itself was very nice, although not as smooth as the M-type. It might be due to the longer handle of the later, or due to my improper technique - time will tell. In any case, the result was super close and the lather (picture here) fantastic - hope you all have a good start into the new week (y)

Sword: Schick L-Type
Suds: Gent's #3 / Omega S
Salve: Dickinson's Witch Hazel / Myrsol Plastic Shave

Today was a good day as I won a position at a very nice place to work. So when I got home and had a shave, only the best would do.

It was my first run with the famous L-Type and it lived up to all the hype. Extremely intuitive and a comfortable shave angle. I'm a total Schick junkie (D, E, I, J, M are the ones I've tried so far) so it was satisfying to tick another one off the list.

Finished up with some Plastic. Big fan.

1d81a6cbb2d953984c759c2a50e3dd95.jpg

Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Gillette Black
Soap: P&B Spitfire
A/S: Groomed A/S balm
Cologne: GFT Eucris

A very nice change after the Supply Provisions SE. The Groomed balm is very nice, as is the matching cream. Cheap as well, $5.95 at my local chemists.

Today was a good day as I won a position at a very nice place to work. So when I got home and had a shave, only the best would do.

It was my first run with the famous L-Type and it lived up to all the hype. Extremely intuitive and a comfortable shave angle. I'm a total Schick junkie (D, E, I, J, M are the ones I've tried so far) so it was satisfying to tick another one off the list.

Congratulations on the new position @khun_diddy (y)

1d81a6cbb2d953984c759c2a50e3dd95.jpg

Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Gillette Black
A/S: Groomed A/S balm
Cologne: GFT Eucris

A very nice change after the Supply Provisions SE. The Groomed balm is very nice, as is the matching cream. Cheap as well, $5.95 at my local chemists.
P&B Spitfire and GFT Eucris - what a combo! Royal Air Force and Her Majesty's Secret Service.

@khun_diddy - congrats and best of luck with the new role.

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
Brush: Chubby 2 Best
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: PSI (1)
A/S: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Rockwell 6S is a special razor. It would be my go to razor if I needed to absolutely guarantee an irritation free shave. It also shaves incredibly close. The rest of the set up combined to produce an amazingly slick lather, which certainly helped.

Pre: I forgot.....
Brush: Wolfwhiskers Ubersoft II
Soap: Shaverheaven Spiced Mahogany Tallow V3
Razor: iKon B1 Slant
Blade: Feather
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Myrsol Plastic Shave

Got home late, want a quick shave. Whipped out the synth. Did well as expected.

It's probably a long while since I have paired a Feather blade with the slant. Resulted in a very smooth and efficient shave, with two small nicks because of zits. I am starting to feel that the Standard whilst it shaves okay, it isn't as efficient as the slants I am so used to. Great travel razor for sure. I'll be using it in my next trip.

Reached for the alum, slipped and it fell on the floor. Smashed it. [emoji22] luckily I bought a spare. Now I need to get another spare alum. I have been neglecting the Myrsol for a while. The plastic shave delivers a fantastic finish to tonight's shave. Love Myrsol.

Status
Not open for further replies.