Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I’m hearing you brother, tore up the carpet in the lounge/dining room and removed two old air conditioners. Still got a bit of cleaning up to do. Painting and floor polishing are future weekends.
Hope your painting goes well.
I thought you’d gone away from the Synths.? They’d still be good for paint brushes.:LOL:
4OLxtwC.gif

ciqsgoN.jpg

My brother has 2 weeks off to help me out on my unit.

No water in the house in the morning, not the best way to try to shave, so just drop some Winterfall EdP and leave, hoping to had it fixed by the time I came back...

Pre: warm water
razor: SSSeygus Extrem OC
blade: Astra Green
brush: yaqi sagrada familia
soap: ByLuna Foroafeitado 20180 LE
splash: APR & Squadron Soaps 'Joint venture': Australians All
balm: APR General Ledger

gWN6vE8.jpg

9.5 of 10. Still need some work with this razor... but the overal result was great!. Nice lather too, quite light :)

Md5EkK9l.jpg

Today’s shave = BBS

Loving the Rockwell 6S with the number 4 as a daily driver!

Only 3 more ‘standard’ shaves at home before 6 weeks travelling. Everything is pretty much organised now so happy about that! There will be room to visit Pasteur’s in NYC towards the end of my trip!

Qz86EIf.jpg

CL Pre Shave Butter
Paladin
Gillette Slim
Feather
Storybook+Chatillon Lux La Forêt de Liguest Soap
Chatillon Lux La Forêt de Liguest Salve/Splash/EDT

Finally the weather is cool enough for this dark Fougère :)

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a Weber classic handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (5)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Triumph & Disaster shaving cream
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDT

More triumph than disaster today - but this is a very summer combination - so into storage soon.

Keep an eye out for PCTB#5 and you can try some :)

Pre: jojoba oil
Baili razor w/Polsilver
Razorock Bruce synth
Shaver Heaven - Papaya Chill
Anherb balm

Got this razor for my wife and thought I'd give it a try to make sure it's all even and shaves ok.

Well, this took me by surprise! The fit and finish is brilliant! The blade alignment perfect and the shave itself was ultra smooth, literally couldn't feel the blade but ended up with a DFS! Really shocking for a razor that cost $10!!

I think my wife will really like it as my other DE razors haven't been that comfortable for her.

The SH soap smells like papaya and the menthol was appreciated this morning as summer is starting where I am!

20180430_092007_01.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Parker Variant (4, 3, 2)
Blade: Rockwell (4)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Pre: Shower & Proraso white preshave cream
Soap: APR Lixviant
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil + Vaseline Aloe Moisture creme

A smooth, DFS with the Variant, the only let down being the blade as it struggled to shave my chin growth evenly :( Whipped up some super slick, creamy lather and I agree with @Nico regarding the scent profile - reminder of 'church candle incense' which is really nice :) Might have another shave tonight to touch up the spots I missed before I go to bed...? Happy shaves!

Pre: jojoba oil
Baili razor w/Polsilver
Razorock Bruce synth
Shaver Heaven - Papaya Chill
Anherb balm

Got this razor for my wife and thought I'd give it a try to make sure it's all even and shaves ok.

Well, this took me by surprise! The fit and finish is brilliant! The blade alignment perfect and the shave itself was ultra smooth, literally couldn't feel the blade but ended up with a DFS! Really shocking for a razor that cost $10!!

I think my wife will really like it as my other DE razors haven't been that comfortable for her.

The SH soap smells like papaya and the menthol was appreciated this morning as summer is starting where I am!

20180430_092007_01.jpg
Those Baili razors are quite popular.Razorock rebranded two models,the same as your wifes called the DE1 and another called the Teck II.
The TTO model Baili have is a ripper too apparently.
EDIT. The popular TTO is the BD 179 model.

Last edited:
Those Baili razors are quite popular.Razorock rebranded two models,the same as your wifes called the DE1 and another called the Teck II.
The TTO model Baili have is a ripper too apparently.
EDIT. The popular TTO is the BD 179 model.

Oh I see.
I had no idea Razorock had white labeled it.
I'm very impressed, shaves much better than the futur clone!!
I think my wife is gonna love it!

Oh I see.
I had no idea Razorock had white labeled it.
I'm very impressed, shaves much better than the futur clone!!
I think my wife is gonna love it!
I forgot they also sell a Baili TTO as the Quickchange,as well.It makes sense that the Chinese would make razors that actually are usable,as there are so many that use them there.If they last 5 years then they still work out as great value.

Status
Not open for further replies.