Not open for further replies.
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Parker Variant (4, 3, 2)
Blade: Rockwell (4)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Pre: Shower & Proraso white preshave cream
Soap: APR Lixviant
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil + Vaseline Aloe Moisture creme

A smooth, DFS with the Variant, the only let down being the blade as it struggled to shave my chin growth evenly :( Whipped up some super slick, creamy lather and I agree with @Nico regarding the scent profile - reminder of 'church candle incense' which is really nice :) Might have another shave tonight to touch up the spots I missed before I go to bed...? Happy shaves!
Our schnozzes must be similar. ;)

Pre Shave: Warm water , Proraso Green Pre Shave.
Razor: Feather AS-D2.
Blade: Feather.
Bowl: From the kitchen.
Brush: Muhle silvertip badger. Only got the one brush.
Soap: APR Coolabah.

5p16GOY.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

I had a very busy schedule today and therefore a bit of a rushed shave. The first couple of passes were horrible and I was putting it on the blade and was about to dump it. Well then I realised, I hadn't properly closed the Guerrilla...shaves should simply not be rushed.

The rest of the shave was smooth as always with this razor/blade combo - but the damage had been done already and my face felt very raw afterwards.

On the other hand it is always great to find such fantastic brushes like this Nathan Clark creation in the "2nd row" of the cabinet. It has tons of backbone and whipped up a wonderful Mystic Water lather - yet the tips are so silky soft.

I hope you all have a great start into the new week (y)

Last edited:
SOTN
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Rockwell (5)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Soap: RR Moroccan Secret
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil + Austrlain Tea Tree cream

A quick 2 pass 'touch up' shave resulting in a BBS finish but some irritation around the neck :banghead: I won't be doing 2 shaves in the same day that's for sure! As for the soap, no skin reaction and don't mind the fruity scent - thanks @lerenau :) Have a great Monday guys!

I forgot they also sell a Baili TTO as the Quickchange,as well.It makes sense that the Chinese would make razors that actually are usable,as there are so many that use them there.If they last 5 years then they still work out as great value.

Yeah I noticed the quick change too. The tech clone shaves really nice for a $l razor so cheap!

I wish I had this as my starting razor a decade ago!!

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a Weber classic handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (6)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Balm: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougere Bourbon Rose balm
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougere Bourbon Rose EDP

Sen-bloody-sational!

Great way to start on a cool Autumn morning when the hour is still only 4 ...

Oh this is delightful (y)

BdSnGEVl.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Mike's - Barber Shop
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Feather Pro Super
AS: Pb Bay/Lime
Bit heavy handed this morning with couple of weepers paying for DFS. Tad early for 'froating bowl technique'. Warm lather didn't seem quite right.

Pre: jojoba oil
Rockwell R2 w/Polsilver
TurnNshave quarter moon tuxedo fan
Musgo Real soap
Anherb balm

Went with the 2 plate as I wanted a milder shave, it was a bit too mild and I couldn't go beyond DFS.

The Musgo scent is just so classy!!
I can't believe this soap didn't get any attention considering their creams are highly regarded.

Anyway, there are rumours the soap is discontinued so grab it while you can! I've got one puck in reserve so I'll have sufficient Musgo for about 50 years in my rotation!!

20180501_091050_01.jpg

Date: 01 May 2018

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- A&G Australian Lemon Myrtle
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C (R4) / Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless Super Sword-Edge #5
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic

Carpet on hold until next Friday because the painting need 3 coats, SH:banghead:T!!

200w.gif

Date: 01 May 2018

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- A&G Australian Lemon Myrtle
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C (R4) / Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless Super Sword-Edge #5
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic

Carpet on hold until next Friday because the painting need 3 coats, SH:banghead:T!!

200w.gif

You might need another couple of coats on the patch too ...

SOTN
Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
Blade: Rockwell (6)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Shaving Factory mug
Soap: EJ Menthol puck

A fantastic, refreshing post work BBS shave in the shower with R6 plate. Super smooth with only one minor nick on the chin, otherwise a trouble free shave! My fav plate is R4 but tonights shave might've changed my mind... ;) Have a great Tuesday and happy shaves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.