coming back to the routines

Pre:nothing
razor: MErggard 42c with feather
brush: Semogue 2000
soap: APR Coeur de Vert
splash: APR Coeur de Vert
balm: The Stray Whisker

cpQYKtS.jpg

nice shave. I just added some balm for the skinas I have been latley at the field with no access to most things.

cheers

saludos

Soap: Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Friodur Henckels
Mourning/burial day for one of our German Shepherds. Presumably died from snake bite. She was an integral part of the family. :(

Oh no, that's really sad to hear Bruce!!

Razor: Rockwell 6S – R1
Blade: Permasharp (3)
Brush: Semogue SOC Badger
Soap: Chiseled Face, Midnight Stag

Cracked open the Midnight Stag today, now the shave-den smells like I’ve been pulling down an engine while smoking a cigar in there or something. :ROFLMAO: Love it!

How did you find the R1 plate?

I haven't we tried mine yet. R2 gives a pretty great shave, just doesn't last as long into the day as I'd like.

Razor: Vintage Eclipse 'Red Ring''
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Premium Chromium blade (5)
Brush: Tony Forsyth PC LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

No idea why but the shave this morning left me saying -

c4c5347bfbd2ef6c587cdf5121dcfa69--disney-silhouettes-disney-quotes.jpg

Have a great end of the [regular] working week guys!

Brush:maggard synth
Soap: Stirling grapefruit
Razor: Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade: feather(2)

Searched high and low and found the APR Pamplemousse injunction scent. At first I'm like, 'you made that up' question in my head and then thought nah that is something Dan would of thought up and he did and it is here (y)
Was only on my wet Shaving training wheels then so missed out. :facepalm:

39257832115_752984b498_m.jpg

Soap: Eufros - Brisa De Oriente
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: TI Bijou de France
Got no idea what's going on with image size. Eufros sample compliments of @Bozley82 . (y) Lathered up well and performed well with the TI. Not sure about scent which was pleasant enough but couldn't get past associations with Mortein.
Honed the TI last night and got rid of protrusion on heel of blade but honing highlighted warping of the blade which left thin bevel on one side. Introductions to TI not too impressive. Honed with tape to protect the ornate spine but next honing I'll give that a miss to see if bevel can be improved. Honing was nonetheless successful which gave a superior shave to factory honing which apart from heel protrusion didn't look too bad and gave a couple of reasonable shaves.

39257832115_752984b498_m.jpg

Soap: Eufros - Brisa De Oriente
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: TI Bijou de France
Got no idea what's going on with image size. Eufros sample compliments of @Bozley82 . (y) Lathered up well and performed well with the TI. Not sure about scent which was pleasant enough but couldn't get past associations with Mortein.
Honed the TI last night and got rid of protrusion on heel of blade but honing highlighted warping of the blade which left thin bevel on one side. Introductions to TI not too impressive. Honed with tape to protect the ornate spine but next honing I'll give that a miss to see if bevel can be improved. Honing was nonetheless successful which gave a superior shave to factory honing which apart from heel protrusion didn't look too bad and gave a couple of reasonable shaves.

Odd that TI blade has faults,especially warping as everything I have been led to believe is that they are amongst the superior of straights.

Searched high and low and found the APR Pamplemousse injunction scent. At first I'm like, 'you made that up' question in my head and then thought nah that is something Dan would of thought up and he did and it is here (y)
Was only on my wet Shaving training wheels then so missed out. :facepalm:
I got it out of the bst last year off dan with a couple of other splashes for memory. It's one of my favourites but doesn't get much use from fear of running out lol.its a similar vibe to australians all to my nose.not the same by a long shot but has some similar notes.

Soap: CAPTAINS choice bay rum
Razor: Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade: wizmet polsilver stainless(1)
Brush: maggards synth
I bought a bunch of blades From Try a blade this is first one up. It is a fantastic blade to. It doesnt feel overly sharp but cuts through my beard like its butter and is smooth as silk giving me a very efficient shave with minimal aggression in the Rockwell.

One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Shave #9
Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering Bowl
Pre: PAA Cube
Soap: RR xXx
Post: Alum / Witch Hazel / Shower / Barber Shoppe Face Wash + Palmers Olive Butter
Shave 9 of 28 - A SAS with the Derby blade starting to smooth out which is nice. Still having difficulties shaving my chin area but the 6S allows for buffering (or is it buffing?) with little chance of biting. Neck irritations getting better also :p Really enjoying the rinse channels under the base plate with no buld up of lather/hair that I experience in other razors :happy: #blade_of_glory
hx6qx4ido3sic06fffvw.jpg

Date: 09 February 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac 4x
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Frankenrazor:– Muhle R41 v2013 head with Bulldog Handle
Blade:- Astra Superior Platinum #4
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

How did you find the R1 plate?

I haven't we tried mine yet. R2 gives a pretty great shave, just doesn't last as long into the day as I'd like.

@nav1 I think I’m the only person on Earth using this mild plate, but I find it works well for my coarse beard/bloody sensitive skin combo. I don't get the absolute closest shave in the world, but I can get a good result with 3 passes and my skin feels great, which is more important to me. I'm interested to see how you find the R1! :)
-------------------------------
Shave of the last 2 days.

Haven’t had the time or energy lately for proper shaving, back at it now though. :stig:

Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Soap: B&M Cheshire

Razor: Gillette Tech Ball End
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Soap: B&M Bay Rum

I got it out of the bst last year off dan with a couple of other splashes for memory. It's one of my favourites but doesn't get much use from fear of running out lol.its a similar vibe to australians all to my nose.not the same by a long shot but has some similar notes.

Yes I remember that!

It's very different from AA (as regards composition), it's funny though as when I released it I only sold 2 bottles which I found strange as it's really fitting for the warmer months. Who knows, something similar may make a return some day.

@nav1 I think I’m the only person on Earth using this mild plate, but I find it works well for my coarse beard/bloody sensitive skin combo. I don't get the absolute closest shave in the world, but I can get a good result with 3 passes and my skin feels great, which is more important to me. I'm interested to see how you find the R1! :)
-------------------------------
Shave of the last 2 days.

Haven’t had the time or energy lately for proper shaving, back at it now though. :stig:

Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Soap: B&M Cheshire

Razor: Gillette Tech Ball End
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Soap: B&M Bay Rum

I hate my skin... it's sensitive no matter what I do so I'm also interested to use R1.

I have a fairly coarse beard (what I classify "medium well" on the steak equivalent scale) so I like R4 but generally stick with R3 as my daily.

Will let you know how I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.