Not open for further replies.
One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Shave #10
Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering Bowl
Pre: Shower + Barber Shoppe Face Wash
Soap: RR xXx

Shave 10 of 28 and with the rate of passes I'm needing to conquer my stobborn chin hair it feels like I've shaved 28 times already :cry: I'm worried instead of smoothing out as was thought, the Derby may be becoming dull quicker than anticipated :banghead: There's only one way to find out... Happy shaves! #blade_of_glory

bPzOgfJl.jpg

Brush: M7
Razor: Slim Twist
Blade: Vintage UK Personna (8)
Soap: MdC
A/S: Homemade Menthol Splash

easy saturday shave

Merggard 42c with feather
yaqi 'sagrada familia'
Grooming Dept. After the fire
APR Australians all

TNZCdFh.jpg

I left the soap for a while drying and has reduce substantially de volume. The performance is very good, and the scent is nice, but still strangei the sense that probably would have needed more time of "maturation"...

cheers

Fer

February challenge: Shave #4

Razor: SS General
Blade: Schick P30 (4)
Brush: Maseto Beehive
Soap: Mike's Lime + Menthol

Got distracted on Thursday night and forgot to post #3 :(

Stinking hot in Brissy today and wanted a cool shave..... what to do without any sort of menthol soap in the house??????

Well, being a vaper and having loads of e-juice concentrate laying about I decided to drip some menthol flavour concentrate into my lather bowl..... 3 drops of this super concentrate was enough :)

I could feel the tingling cool burn on my lips as I lathered up and could really feel it on my lower neck whilst shaving.... It even improved the smell of the lime soap which is a massive bonus!

Anyway, lovely cooling 2 pass XTG shave with one small bleeder on my chin, had to get a little patch of toilet paper on it until it stopped :(

Razor: Vintage Eclipse 'Red Ring''
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Premium Chromium blade (6)
Brush: Tony Forsyth PC LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge Aftershave
Balm: TSW After Balm
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

Ahh, nice to be home after an overnight away for work.

Date: 11 February 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Route 66 ~ Rum Runner 4x
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf
Blade:- GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #4
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- YSL L’Homme

40159977282_fcaa3b0645_c.jpg

Soap: Felce Aromatica
Brush: Omega Boar 10019
Razor: Gem Junior
Blade: Gem
@Ferret619 I'm sucked into these GEM style SE's now. Nice shave off the Junior this morning with the Saponificio Varesino. Smooth sailing all the way. Nice feedback. Nice soap. It's all good. Now I've just got to buy some obscene number of SE blades to go with the GEMs to provide that necessary insurance against shave apocalypse.......:)

40159977282_fcaa3b0645_c.jpg

Soap: Felce Aromatica
Brush: Omega Boar 10019
Razor: Gem Junior
Blade: Gem
@Ferret619 I'm sucked into these GEM style SE's now. Nice shave off the Junior this morning with the Saponificio Varesino. Smooth sailing all the way. Nice feedback. Nice soap. It's all good. Now I've just got to buy some obscene number of SE blades to go with the GEMs to provide that necessary insurance against shave apocalypse.......:)
Glad it got a good home bud :)

AV1dF2I.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Wonderful Sunday here today and finally we have some cooler temperatures. The perfect excuse to bring out this great Mystic Water soap and together with the stunning Doug Korn brush I whipped up some superb lather.

The BBS-1/Ladas combo did its magic and I had a magnificent shave - very relaxing and smooth. It is going to be hard, not to use the same setup next time again...

I hope you all have a stellar Sunday (y)

One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Shave #11
Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: PAA Travel Scuttle
Pre: Shower + Barber Shoppe Face Wash
Soap: RR xXx
Post: Alum / Witch Hazel + Vaseline Aloe Vera moisturiser

Shave 11 of 28 and I decided to mix things up a bit (bet you didn't see that coming) by having a shower shave and I'm all the better for it :happy: The Derby felt smoother and there was less resistence in my troublesome areas. No regrets using the travel scuttle as its ideal for the shower with it's light weight and little fear of dropping it. All around a much better shave so bring on shave #12 (y) Happy shaves! #blade_of_glory

Status
Not open for further replies.