Tabac Re-Formulated - Now Tallow Free

How do I keep this Tabac soap in OK condition?
ARKO has a use-by date of 7 years from manufacturer. By then, it is still quite usable but its wonderful scent is starting to dissipate ☹️.
You can keep a soap almost indefinitely if you vacuum-pack it and keep it in a cool, dark place. A handy gadget is the Sunbeam FoodSaver, but there are lots of others on the market. Or some supermarkets use them to package up things like ham or other smallgoods, they might be prepared to pack them for you. Take the soap out of its packaging first, so there are no air pockets.

Correct. Tabac (unlike ARKO) does not have a use-by or best-before date. Just store out of sunlight in its original packaging and it should last decades.

ARKO has a use-by date of 7 years from manufacturer. By then, it is still quite usable but its wonderful scent is starting to dissipate ☹️.
ARKO has a wonderful scent?

Never fear, Speedmaster - I have done just that.
giphy.gif

glad I got my pucks.. this from another forum

So, I tested Tabac's new formula twice now... and each time I was left very disappointed with the performance.
The quality of the lather appears to be quite poor, in comparison to the previous formulation; it never had that rich, oily consistency that feels protective and slick on your face. This new one didn't feel slick or protective at all. I even made sure to spend extra time building and hydrating the lather on the second attempt, but it just never felt slick and protective. I felt like I was shaving with a poor quality bath soap, rather than a shaving soap. I didn't even finish the first pass before aborting the mission and changing soaps. Even when I hold the wet puck of Tabac in my hands, it still doesn't feel very slick.”

glad I got my pucks.. this from another forum

So, I tested Tabac's new formula twice now... and each time I was left very disappointed with the performance.
The quality of the lather appears to be quite poor, in comparison to the previous formulation; it never had that rich, oily consistency that feels protective and slick on your face. This new one didn't feel slick or protective at all. I even made sure to spend extra time building and hydrating the lather on the second attempt, but it just never felt slick and protective. I felt like I was shaving with a poor quality bath soap, rather than a shaving soap. I didn't even finish the first pass before aborting the mission and changing soaps. Even when I hold the wet puck of Tabac in my hands, it still doesn't feel very slick.”
That’s why tallow is GONE!!! nothing without tallow will not make the lather thick, rich and bloody slick anymore without some fat.

Edit:- Sent your review to Tabac, because. some asshole doesn’t understand wet shaving using the crappy new formula.

Last edited: