The Paste & Cut Traveling Box No. 1

I tried a sampler of the GFT Rose courtesy of Drubbing a while ago, and I thought it was great too. Nice and thick cushioning lather. The scent is quite subtle and pleasant from memory, but I didn't really smell it on my face during the shave. Not sure if it's typical of the GFT creams though, I'd probably rather get a different scent.

The rose is good, it's not my favourite scent and I'm not 100% sure I'd buy it again.

But both of them are great to shave with!

Day 7

Ok so the temptation of the box got to me today and I ended up having a shave.

Vitos Super Crema

Ogallala Bay Rum

Why?
The Vito's has a bit of rep/hype on the Italian barber community :p

And the BayRum deserved a second chance.

Result?

Now the use of the cream was a little difficult, it's basically a soft soap. So I scooped a bit out and mashed it into the bottom of a mug and loaded the brush from there. Well part loaded part lathered.

First pass wasn't great, at first I thought it was to thin, but then it dried out? So for the second pass I added more water and got a much better lather. Reminded me of MWF when you don't quite get the lather right IFKWIM.

Finished up the rest of the shave without issue. I'm sure this croap has more to offer given time+experience.

The bay rum from the other bottle had plenty of punch, and was the perfect end to another awesome shave ;)

Cheers

Alright guys,

Box is all packed up and ready to move too JayDee's house.

Will be in the post tomorrow!

I took a handful of blades out to continue the experimenting, but I didn't take any that there were only one of if that makes sense.

I added a few more blades and a shave stick to the mix.

Thanks Again Mark it's been great.

JayDee check your PMs :)

Ps someone quell my irrational fear that that posting the aftershave samples will result in some form of issue?

Ps someone quell my irrational fear that that posting the aftershave samples will result in some form of issue?

What sort of issue? If everything is in snap locks and well padded it should be OK.

If you are worried about the dangerous goods declaration don't sign it and write - Land Transport Only. I've received parcels like that (batteries) and while i doubt it gets noticed you should be in the clear.

What sort of issue? If everything is in snap locks and well padded it should be OK.

If you are worried about the dangerous goods declaration don't sign it and write - Land Transport Only. I've received parcels like that (batteries) and while i doubt it gets noticed you should be in the clear.

Sweet, I was just mentioning to someone at work today and they made a big song and dance about flammable liquids blah blah.... So I checked the AusPost website and it vague at best.

I will just ship it as I would anything else, what's the worst that could happen :)

Sweet, I was just mentioning to someone at work today and they made a big song and dance about flammable liquids blah blah.... So I checked the AusPost website and it vague at best.

I will just ship it as I would anything else, what's the worst that could happen :)

Yeah all postal services are getting antsy about this - so we can't get as much stuff from the UK as well as the US now :evil:

As I understand it you can send most alcohol by domestic post. Although you will have to check the percentage of alcohol for the aftershaves if available. Basically if under 70% alcohol there is no problem. If the containers don't specify then perhaps it is beyond my knowledge of Aus post regulations. Maybe a call to Aus post will clarify? Also I think the government have stopped all international imports (duty free or not), including carry on alcohols. Not including perfumes though. So the whole buying after shave or duty free alcohol from europe (or any other country) is pretty much done and dusted, except through local retailers.

Thanks guys,

I'm just gonna post it and claim ignorance if they make a fuss (which seems highly unlikely)

Will head over to the Post office after lunch!

OK, the Box arrived today safely. To say I'm overwhelmed with choice is an understatement :eek:mg: I'm going to have to plan this with military precision! I only shave every second day as 1. I don't wear a suit to work even though I run a business. 2. See point one, I'm the boss!

So, I'll be shaving Tomorrow, Monday, Wednesday,Friday and the next Sunday after which I'll box it up and move it on. I'll be using a Slim and a Spoiler for all shaves as that's the best shave combo in the known universe! :cheesy:

I'm not usually a big after shave guy, a quick wipe with witch hazel usually does me but I've just got to try some of the included samples. My spare room where the box is ATM smells like a cross between an old time barber shop and a whorehouse :weird: Also I'm a shave in the shower guy (so shoot me) so creams and sticks are my go to tools to get a lather. What to choose for tomorrow? Decisions, decisions.

Shit, I just realised that after I sniffed the Tabac aftershave, I left the lid popped and laid it over and some of it leaked out. Sorry guys (also explains the massive smell in my spare room). OK, I'm going for the one shot sample of T & H Lavender Cream with Bay Rum, Lime and Peppercorns Aftershave. Wish me luck :amuse:

Question. What's the protocol regarding shave sticks? I really want to try the Arko shave stick but once I've broken the seal and the wrapper gets all soggy from use, I'm not sure that it's really in a fit condition to pass it on??

Question. What's the protocol regarding shave sticks? I really want to try the Arko shave stick but once I've broken the seal and the wrapper gets all soggy from use, I'm not sure that it's really in a fit condition to pass it on??

For those who don't shave in the shower the usual routine is to slice a bit off and lather with that. Not sure if that will work in your case. I probably have some spares and can replace it if needed anyway!

Good idea Mark. I'll slice a bit off into a mug and take it into the shower with me. Why didn't I think of that :embarrest:

Beat me to it Mark. Just cut a bit off and it will be fine.

I also have a few spare Arko sticks if needed :)

Shave 1.

First of all, I'd forgotten what a good blade the Spoiler is. Is I said earlier I used the one shot sample of T&H lavender cream and the Bay Rum, Lime and Peppercorns after shave. I instantly fell in love with the cream. Nice and thick and creamy, better than the Proraso I've been using. Nice smell and not overpowering like the menthol in the Proraso. Gunna get me some of that, fer sure! :laugh:

I used the after shave directly after shaving and it stung a little but wasn't too bad. Don't mind the smell but I wouldn't say I was wild about it and it pretty much faded away after a couple of hours. Verdict - Wouldn't buy it myself but it was nice to try it. Next shave is on Monday and I'll give the Speick cream and after shave a whirl.