The Paste & Cut Traveling Box No. 1

Ok shave 2 (I hope the next in line realises I am breaking with tradition in shaving so often in order to move this right along)
Anyway put a new Spoiler in the Slim
Got the litttle Boar traveller all wet and loaded up with something calles T&H Trafalgar - main reason it was a radiocative mauve colour so I thought maybe I could shave with the lights off. (Not a good idea).
Nice smooth lather plenty of moisture in it and a slight scent I couldn' identify.
Good shave (how can one go wrong with a Spoiler in a Slim).
Splashed on some Witch Hazel (Lavender apparently - the box seems to contain every form of Witch Hazel known to mankind so I am feeling OK about using it as an after shave splash)
Shortly I shall splash on a bit more Pinaud Clubman (just to confirm first impressions) I did check out this stuff and it is dirt cheap in the US (might have to impose on the son and heir as postage from the Pinaud site is astronomical).
Ther it is number 2 down in the books - will try for number 3 on Sunday (the sacrafices I make :)

Don't know what pills you're on lately GT, but you've been writing some pretty funny stuff!

Yeah - great reviews GT!

OK number 3 done and dusted - call this one the triple s - Spoiler Slim on Seven.

For this venture into the unkown world of "Where the hell does Mark find this stuff?" we lather up with something called Phaemosan (which is probably ancient greek for "give it a fancy name and we can sell heaps" - still nice lather and nice shave except for in my rush I managed to get a nick beside my mouth (now I call it a nick, but this was a 2nd shave Spoiler so I expect I may need 6 or so stitches, or have a very lopsided smile - the positive of a 2nd shave spoiler is I didn't feel a thing).

Splashed on some Witch Hazel ( still dont know why) and, as all the discussion on the board today has been about Tabac went for a splash thereof.
And thats it folks until the next time. Also could the next lucky soul in line PM me there address as I will move this on on Friday (ish).

GT, I use witch hazel after every shave. Don't know if it helps much but feels nice and I reckon in the last 6 months of using it, I think my melon only looks 5 1/2 months older! :eek:mg: Once you get to 50 like me that has got to be a bonus..

... For this venture into the unkown world of "Where the hell does Mark find this stuff?" we lather up with something called Phaemosan (which is probably ancient greek for "give it a fancy name and we can sell heaps" ... Also could the next lucky soul in line PM me there address as I will move this on on Friday (ish).

The Phaemosan was from Connaught although they don't stock it any more. Just one of the number of German shaving products from memory.

Another great post GT. The next in line is Mong then Perthdog (if he is still around - haven't seen him posting much)

I managed to get a nick beside my mouth (now I call it a nick, but this was a 2nd shave Spoiler so I expect I may need 6 or so stitches, or have a very lopsided smile - the positive of a 2nd shave spoiler is I didn't feel a thing).

Lol "Why so serious?" .... Hope you nick heals quickly.

Re: witch hazel,

I use it after every shave as a after shave splash, as it may be another horror so later until I use something with fragrance in it. Also as I shave my head I don't tend to put aftershave on it :p

Lol "Why so serious?" .... Hope you nick heals quickly.

Re: witch hazel,

I use it after every shave as a after shave splash, as it may be another horror so later until I use something with fragrance in it. Also as I shave my head I don't tend to put aftershave on it :p

What is it with this shaving the head business? It seems we have more than one who follows this bizarre custom. What happened did your razor slip one day up your face and took a bit of hairline out so you just decided "what the hell - do the lot". Speaking as someone who grew up during the era of "peace love and flowers in the hair", I get mine cut about every 5 or so years.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

What is it with this shaving the head business? It seems we have more than one who follows this bizarre custom.

I don't think I've ever meant anyone who is not going bald that voluntarily shaves their melon. (Lots of double negatives there, but hopefully you get my drift). Never met Lynchy and he may the exception to the rule but it seems that over the last 15 years or so that anyone under 30 suffering from male pattern baldness prefers to look like a baboons arse rather than walk around looking like they're wearing earmuffs!

Like most things, it seemed to become cool in America first. Think Michael Jordan.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever meant anyone who is not going bald that voluntarily shaves their melon. (Lots of double negatives there, but hopefully you get my drift). Never met Lynchy and he may the exception to the rule but it seems that over the last 15 years or so that anyone under 30 suffering from male pattern baldness prefers to look like a baboons arse rather than walk around looking like they're wearing earmuffs!

Like most things, it seemed to become cool in America first. Think Michael Jordan.

What about a decent comb over instead?

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?img...3kFAUYe4KMPtmAWfuYFA&ved=0CEQQ9QEwBQ&dur=1933

Last edited:
Never met Lynchy and he may the exception to the rule but it seems that over the last 15 years or so that anyone under 30 suffering from male pattern baldness prefers to look like a baboons arse rather than walk around looking like they're wearing earmuffs!

Are you sure haven't met me lol!

23 .... MPB ..... Shaved head.... *walksawayquietly*

What is it with this shaving the head business? It seems we have more than one who follows this bizarre custom. What happened did your razor slip one day up your face and took a bit of hairline out so you just decided "what the hell - do the lot". Speaking as someone who grew up during the era of "peace love and flowers in the hair", I get mine cut about every 5 or so years.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Well... I had been fascinated with the idea of shaving my head for years, well before I was old enough to shave my face.

Then nature stared taking the hair for me, so I though f#ck it. I had been buzzing it with no guard for ages and thought shaving might buy me some time between cuts.

Which is kind lucky because I was annoyed by cart prices (I never used to shave my face) which led me to YKW which led me here :D

I thought it shaving my head for my 40th then I saw a friend who was going bald and did it. I learned that you need to have the head for it to look good ...

Bong Bong Bong

Ask not for whom the bell tolls
It tolls for thee

Mong Mong Mong

Send your address and I will send you a box (not until Monday now).

Haha sorry mate, it's been a bit busy at work. Will PM you now.

Lucky Last

Sorry Mong in the mail today.

Anyway one last ferret through the soaps and cremes and came up with what looked like "Charasmatic Vert Vetter" which on sniffing in the container smelt quite harmless. Little did I know that "Vert Vetter" translated as "Just add water for wet dog and old socks smell" yummy esp at 6 am. Anyway it did lather well (must be the lanolin from the dog fur). Scraped with the usual tools and put on a final splash of the Pinaud Clubman. I have added a bottle of Nivea after shave balm for any who wish to try or even hang onto.

Thanks for the goodies Mark its been fun (if only I could stop all the local dogs following me now) :)

Last edited:
Classy to the very end GT!

Thanks for playing :)

No trouble amigo, no rush. Thanks for the good reviews mate, the standard of feedback has been really high so far.

I'm looking forward to unleashing the new Duke on the box when it arrives.

Farewell, but be not sad

The time had come,as it does to all, when the sad but meaningful words were spoken.

"What the post mastereth bringeth yea verily he taketh away"
"Be not sadden as the box begineth a new journey unto the unkown and unknowable that is Essendon"
"As you say your final farewells always remember.....(swelling of music in the background....Clean shaven choir bursts into song
"we'll meet again don't know where don't konow when,
But I know we'll meet again some sunny daaaaaaaaaaaaaay".

Which is my way of letting Mong know I posted the box today.