Troy Tools Custom Brush Handles

Very handsome and classy. (y) Are you going to keep that brass shiny, or let it oxidise naturally?
I'll coat the brass with something but I'm not sure what yet. Maybe a wipe over with some paste wax or something similar. Anything more permanent like a lacquer is likely to deteriorate and peel off inconsistently, leaving a mess on the surface that's not worth the trouble. It will dull, but the occasional polish should keep it looking nice, for a while anyway.

My new brush, all materials salvaged from used bits and pieces laying around. Waste not, want not.:cool:
This one is for me. My personal shaving brush, (like I need more brushes???) and not for sale!
This is about as good as it will ever look, once the fingerprints, water, soap, usage (drop it on the floor) etc take their toll, it's not likely to look this pretty again.
No matter, they're for using, not looking at!

CWvZdOW.jpg

bmapgNE.jpg

WB6lIgz.jpg

EOrcv2k.jpg

E9SxFRK.jpg

amazing brush, very classy (y)

The burl is a pretty mystery, it came out a big box of various burls that I had laying around home. I have a feeling it is a leftover piece of Amboyna burl I bought a few years ago, but can't be sure. I've bought quite a lot of burl over the years and unfortunately I have lost track of the provenance on some of it.
The knot is out of my TF Customs handle formerly known as "Woodrot" that Tony Forsyth had gifted to me.
That one was a very ambitious handle build by Tony, but ultimately the knot socket cracked open and the knot fell out.
So a new handle I made for it. Beautiful knot back in action!
Looks like Amboyna 👍

This poor blank had everything against it. A really hot day in Brisbane accelerated the resin curing times and it started going off in the pouring cups before I was finished. I only just got it poured with a few lumpy bits at the end and plenty of bubbles within. I expected this one to be trashed. In the end a pretty good recovery was made though, only 2 pin hole sized visual blemishes to be seen, but this one easily could have gone in the bin, given the messed up creation of the blank. 26mm knot shown for photo.

dQvGart.jpg

yj9T3cb.jpg

hgnkSiG.jpg

VKY2ZO7.jpg

This poor blank had everything against it. A really hot day in Brisbane accelerated the resin curing times and it started going off in the pouring cups before I was finished. I only just got it poured with a few lumpy bits at the end and plenty of bubbles within. I expected this one to be trashed. In the end a pretty good recovery was made though, only 2 pin hole sized visual blemishes to be seen, but this one easily could have gone in the bin, given the messed up creation of the blank. 26mm knot shown for photo.

dQvGart.jpg

yj9T3cb.jpg

hgnkSiG.jpg

VKY2ZO7.jpg
Looks pretty good for a failure 😄

dQvGart.jpg

yj9T3cb.jpg

hgnkSiG.jpg

VKY2ZO7.jpg
Looks like it'll be very comfortable to hold. Hey everybody, there's a lot that goes on behind the creation of some of these brushes. I've been treated to a flurry of emails with photos of test blanks and progress on my latest brush, and I can only be impressed by the hours of communication and preparation, not to mention the pushing of boundaries with the materials that have gone into it.

If you haven't already got yourselves at least one Troycraft brush, you should seriously consider doing so. (y)(y)

dQvGart.jpg

yj9T3cb.jpg

hgnkSiG.jpg

VKY2ZO7.jpg
Beautiful! Looks like an old world map.

A beautifully colourful Blue / Red & Gold TroyCraft Custom Shaving Brush drilled for a 26mm knot.

F4356xF.jpg

iXBCrzs.jpg

NcBDJSi.jpg

AFp06Fh.jpg
Congratulations on producing some absolute stunners of late as the hybrid ones look truly unique as do the resin ones, especially the last one as the colour combination are real winners! :love: