What do you have in the post right now?

Franken-razor ?

I would give up most of my razors for a Hoffritz TRAVEL slant head in stainless steel

Just ordered a R89 replacement head on shaving.ie

Should be a smooth mate for the R41 and use the same handle (incase of Fatip disaster)

The Muhle stuff is so well made - the R89 and R41 are Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde I suspect.

So we talking seller's remorse then?
A little - but again the one I had was not made out of stainless steel and there was a blemish on the top cap...so no remorse. At the end of the day a razor is a tool for me and I love the fact, that my stainless and alu razors will all outlast me...not so much ZAMAC though, and I would hate it, to be always afraid, that my favourite razor is going to disintegrate one one day during a shave (happened to my brother and his futur)

But if somebody ever makes one out of stainless...boy would I be first in line.

I have finally got round to sending my US purchases on from HopShopGo, so in the post right now (in Singapore at last update) I have:
frozen-tundra__98726.1406660902.300.300.jpg
mita__38810.1406660899.300.300.jpg

1pdTIpK.jpg

Barrister-mann-dickens-shave-soap-200x200.jpg
$_12.JPG

il_340x270.725437653_9dno.jpg
$_12.JPG

Two of
mw%201.jpg
but in lemongrass, bluegum and menthol, and ginger spice flavours.

and 11 packs of
$_57.JPG

Nice mate, very nice!

I have a feeling a couple of them might end up being traded fairly soon but you don't know until you try them.

Nice haul mate :)
Good to see you getting upon the vintage bandwagon too btw.

Who said you don't enjoy a good buying spree? Nice work slipping it past the SWMBO whilst she's distracted with the ankle-biter... [emoji11]

I got caught and received a stern lecture when she noticed all the little outgoing paypal payments.
I hope one of these soaps is as good at cooling and latherability as the Jabonman's Lima incensio as that is disappearing disconcertingly rapidly. Trying to eke it out as long as possible but accidentally go back to it every other shave as it is just perfect for the current conditions up here.

@eggbert you need a 'fun fund' (I fill mine with all my subsistence claims from work & any time I get a discount or use a coupon the money saved goes in the slush er fun fund)

I got caught and received a stern lecture when she noticed all the little outgoing paypal payments.
I hope one of these soaps is as good at cooling and latherability as the Jabonman's Lima incensio as that is disappearing disconcertingly rapidly. Trying to eke it out as long as possible but accidentally go back to it every other shave as it is just perfect for the current conditions up here.
.....or you could order some more?

@stillshunter did you not see the first sentence of my post?
Of course I've not only read them all but memorised them for later on...

I assume you mean this one?

Sorry my abbreviated response meant, if the Jabonman Lima Incensio is so good and so well suited to life in the balmy climes up there and running low then why wasn't it one of those little outgoing paypal payments?

Funny 'cause my two Jabonmans seem to have good legs - even though both have provided three sample tubs each, and I shave with them about once a week I still have ~80% of each. You not stirring them into your vodkas are you mate?

So out of interest how does the menthol kick on the lima incensio compare to others like the Ingrams, Kent, Proraso Green, etc.?

Haven't tried the rest but it has way more menthol than proraso or godrej. I guess of you had the proraso pre shave and then peoraso green together it would be about the equivalent but with a lime scent

@Nonick said, this one has a very different consistency to the other jabonmans. Today it is quite warm, and if I tilt the tub on it's side the soap will slide down. It really is like a very loose gel, and way too easy to get too much product.

Two care packages arrived today -
The package linked above
My office now has quite the heady aroma - all those soaps mixed together creates quite a scent.
My two purchases from Stirling included an additional sample of Black Cherry soap, while Mystic Water Soaps included three 1/2 ounce (15g) samples with my two soaps - Sweet Briar (apparently sweet pipe tobacco), Lilly of the Valley, and Poggio dei Pini (hill of pines).

My only slight disappointment was the Stirling Glacial soap, which was purchased via another channel than the other Stirling soaps, as it was mislabeled and I ended up with Stirling Glacial Obsidian. That said the first whiff of anise and menthol smells pretty damn good. Much better than I would have imagined.

My Orbea Carpe bicycle turned up today too. Nice bike, just got to work out how to get the brakes working properly. If you look at the front wheel, you can see how much the previous owner used the bike.
j2BLhTg.jpg