What do you have in the post right now?

Ladas are also fantastic [...]

Have wanted to try the Ladas as well [...]

Really? Lada?

lada-classic-w1.jpg

Hoshi_6500_zpsy4ipmjwj.png

A Hoshi Tombo 6500, complete with a spelling mistake in the logo. Kamisori sized blade - only 53mm long, but symmetrically ground like a Western straight. Looks to be in wonderful condition :):):)

BEAUTIFUL!!!

A Hoshi Tombo 6500, complete with a spelling mistake in the logo. Kamisori sized blade - only 53mm long, but symmetrically ground like a Western straight. Looks to be in wonderful condition :):):)

Ah so that is the one you were telling me about. Rather lovely. I really like it.

Steve

So it's a seconds ?
$10 sound fair ? ;)

Actually TOMBO and TONBO are both considered valid romanization of トンボ. The N being the usual version of ン, but M being closer to the sound made when pronuncing ン before a B-sound.
Tombo is Japanese for Dragonfly!

You still in the hunt for the 8000 too?

Last edited:
Proceeds of the sale of my Fatboy yesterday went towards these beauties from @Mark .

78GyaES.jpg

CV Heljestrand Le Druc. Swedish straight made from Swedish steel. Quarter hollow 6/8 blade.

1IR5Mbk.jpg

Vintage Tennis Straight Razor by Fritz Bracht Solingen Germany. A 6/8 hollow grind and Mark says "a real singer".

....Can't wait until they arrive - fingers-crossed Thursday.

That'll give me Sheffield, Solingen and Swedish steels to compare.

Last edited:
Proceeds of the sale of my Fatboy yesterday went towards these beauties from @Mark .

Beauties! [emoji106]
Soon you'll have more straights than DEs... [emoji11]

78GyaES.jpg

CV Heljestrand Le Druc. Swedish straight made from Swedish steel. Quarter hollow 6/8 blade.

1IR5Mbk.jpg

Vintage Tennis Straight Razor by Fritz Bracht Solingen Germany. A 6/8 hollow grind and Mark says "a real singer".

Nice one @stillshunter - now to make it a daily driver for a while ;)