What do you have in the post right now?

Couldn't wait any longer for a mystical Sydney store to materialise....Some B&M is on its way here.
One is no longer made, one is a limited edition.

This morning I woke up with a clear goal in my mind, a had mission to complete, I needed to go in the wild and hunt down some shaving soaps. I took my notepad, wrote down a few addresses and went to The City. I went to 'Marche Istanbul', a store specialized in Turkish food and other imports, there was a 3 shelves dedicated to Turkish shaving products : ) I came back home triumphant!

10.00$CAD for all of this.

NY4fDX9.png
A triple ARKO!!!! hit - the best bulk buy in ages.

20151009_185023_zpskrmi18os.jpg

Mail call
Opened these soaps and my first impressions are that I don't know which is my favourite. They all have great scents but each one stands out out from the others in a certain manner.

Which shaver doesn't appreciate the traditional scent of Sandlewood. The spiced Mahogany is very strong. The Aladdin has a sweet smell and the Vetiver & Neroli smells strongly of Vetiver, a good thing. Be great to try them over the coming weeks.

@Gabe_Shaves_Australia can you compare the Semogue badger to other badgers you might have? Every time I see it/read about it, I'm thinking of buying it, because of the great price - but then I'm afraid it's too floppy for me (like most Semogue boars as well)...

@Gabe_Shaves_Australia can you compare the Semogue badger to other badgers you might have? Every time I see it/read about it, I'm thinking of buying it, because of the great price - but then I'm afraid it's too floppy for me (like most Semogue boars as well)...
Too floppy ?
What are you doing to those poor brushes, sitting upon them ?

The larger boar Semogues I had (SOC, 2000) all became very floppy when broken in - the loft is imply way to heigh. I still have a 610, which has a good loft, but for me the brush is not dense enough and I would also describe it as "floppy" - although it is a different floppy than the "too large loft floppy" - sorry I can't find a better word.

I was reading up on the Semogue SOC badger and it has a 24mm knot with a 57mm loft. It if was a Silvertip, I wouldn't even bother to ask - that's definitely way too floppy for me. But as it is a 2-band - if the knot is stuffed and dense there might be a chance I like it - although small.

I certainly don't sit on my brushes - maybe I should though - you never know :D

The larger boar Semogues I had (SOC, 2000) all became very floppy when broken in - the loft is imply way to heigh. I still have a 610, which has a good loft, but for me the brush is not dense enough and I would also describe it as "floppy" - although it is a different floppy than the "too large loft floppy" - sorry I can't find a better word.

I was reading up on the Semogue SOC badger and it has a 24mm knot with a 57mm loft. It if was a Silvertip, I wouldn't even bother to ask - that's definitely way too floppy for me. But as it is a 2-band - if the knot is stuffed and dense there might be a chance I like it - although small.

I certainly don't sit on my brushes - maybe I should though - you never know :D

I must admit I love my semogue 620, works great and feels to me like it has enough backbone.

I have the Semogue SOC badger two band, I like it a lot but I am almost certain @alfredus you would think it too floppy. As I keep telling you, go to shavemac and get a two band brush :) I love mine.

I must admit I love my semogue 620, works great and feels to me like it has enough backbone.

I have the Semogue SOC badger two band, I like it a lot but I am almost certain @alfredus you would think it too floppy. As I keep telling you, go to shavemac and get a two band brush :) I love mine.

I know, I know - I just somehow hope to be able to make it under 200$...it won't happen and I will get one for Christmas...

Now, now, no need for smut. On the other hand that could be the catch cry: Semoque Users Love it Floppy...
...said the philistine. ;)
BTW, I find my Vie Long far floppier than my Smoggy :)

I just want one Synthetic in the den and although I prefer my WD 24mm way more than the Plisson, it is still only 24mm. And the WD 30mm is too much, so let's try this one. 26-28mm is usually my sweet spot and it has supposedly more backbone and is more dense than the Plisson.

It's not going to be my favourite brush, just buying some time before I have to pull the trigger on a Shavemac...