What do you have in the post right now?

So Still waiting on a Simmo Case, and B&M balm + tub of 'Latha'

Two days to cross America, two days to cross the seven seas, two weeks and counting in Sydney .. Groan

So Still waiting on a Simmo Case, and B&M balm + tub of 'Latha'

Two days to cross America, two days to cross the seven seas, two weeks and counting in Sydney .. Groan
Yeah. AusPost must be all taking the holidays they missed out on over the Chrissy/NY break. Hopelessly slow as of late...

Yeah. AusPost must be all taking the holidays they missed out on over the Chrissy/NY break. Hopelessly slow as of late...

Agreed. Still waiting on my Catie's Bubbles LPV. It's only been two weeks, but still, get your act together guys!

Agreed. Still waiting on my Catie's Bubbles LPV. It's only been two weeks, but still, get your act together guys!
I was recently told by AusPost (International Parcels) that any parcel from the USA taking more than 10 days is considered delayed and is worth chasing up. Unfortunately, ringing AusPost is a lot of hassle (but they are helpful and can tell you more details about your parcel once you get the right person!).

Iim goign through hell with them atm with @Question i sent a heap of samples and they have not been recieved in weeks. Trying to track them down they are makign us jump through hoops.

I've been a bit busy this week, a Plisson Synth, a bottle of Captain's Choice Limes, a puck of vintage Williams and 50 Gillette Platinums.
Nice to know AusPost hasn't completely forgotten some of us at P&C...

I was recently told by AusPost (International Parcels) that any parcel from the USA taking more than 10 days is considered delayed and is worth chasing up. Unfortunately, ringing AusPost is a lot of hassle (but they are helpful and can tell you more details about your parcel once you get the right person!).

Why do you have to call them, why can't their stupid tracking system tell you more details like every other 'king tracking system in the world?

I currently have two packages in the mail, one of which says it was picked up on 28th January, and no update whatsoever since then, and one which has been in transit for 3 days.

You order something from the States, Europe, even China, and you seem to get updates every time it is handled.

Not a rant at you Filo but "deity of choice" they piss me off.

Agree with you Eggy. It's a joke.

I was whinging about this to @Monsta_AU the other day. My daughter got a new Macbook Air, shipped via TNT from the factory

26 Jan 2015 17:46:34 Shanghai Shipment Collected From Customer
26 Jan 2015 18:11:20 Pudong International Airport Shipment Received At Tnt Location
28 Jan 2015 13:11:31 Sydney Shipment Received At Tnt Location
29 Jan 2015 06:35:09 Canberra Shipment Received At Tnt Location
29 Jan 2015 10:11:00 Canberra Consignment Delivered To Residential

Total of a little under 64 hours from pick up in China to delivery to me.

His parcel of blades from Sydney -

Mon 02 Feb 2015 14:23 Received by Australia Post SYDNEY NSW
Thu 05 Feb 2015 08:08 Awaiting Collection at MANUKA POST SHOP

Around 66 hours from drop off to them (not even picked up!) in Sydney to available for me to pick up (again, not delivered!) in Canberra.

I know it is a wide brown land in which we live but gee whiz, the parcel from SYD didn't even meed to go through customs!

@Adam yea, i'm pretty sure that the whole "only the sender may contact australia post" thing is designed to give them as much time as possible to stall. Aus post badly needs a overhaul...

@Mark1966 I'm not sure how tracking differs between companies, but i think aus post may be using a much less detailed tracking system. Scanning packages at every stop obviously takes more time and money, but professional services like fedex, DHL, TNT, etc are expected to do it. In my experience, if you ship something using a country's national post service to an overseas location, you get bare bones tracking information that omits all the "stop over" points between the sender and the destination. So you typically only get "sent from country A" and the next update is "Received in country B by local post service".

@Question Obviously what you have said is true. But @Mark1966 is talking about the TIME it takes rather than the details.

I definitely think AusPost is slower this year compared with last year. They are taking far longer to deliver parcels. I am certain of it.

@Mark1966 I'm not sure how tracking differs between companies, but i think aus post may be using a much less detailed tracking system. Scanning packages at every stop obviously takes more time and money, but professional services like fedex, DHL, TNT, etc are expected to do it. In my experience, if you ship something using a country's national post service to an overseas location, you get bare bones tracking information that omits all the "stop over" points between the sender and the destination. So you typically only get "sent from country A" and the next update is "Received in country B by local post service".

Yes and I left steps out of both tracking histories - the point I was trying to make is that TNT can get a package nearly 8,000kms to me through customs from an international destination quicker than AusPost takes for less than 300kms!

The scanning and tracking systems on the major courier companies are pretty impressive though and basically so automated at major transit points that it adds no time at all.

@Question Obviously what you have said is true. But @Mark1966 is talking about the TIME it takes rather than the details.

I definitely think AusPost is slower this year compared with last year. They are taking far longer to deliver parcels. I am certain of it.

Yep - that was my point. AusPost do deliver on Saturday's now though - as I discovered at home when woken from my sleep in at 7:05 am last weekend ....

Yep - that was my point. AusPost do deliver on Saturday's now though - as I discovered at home when woken from my sleep in at 7:05 am last weekend ....
Maybe it's one of those inverse relationships: more days of business means slower delivery times...

Ahh love! Parcels delivered yesterday and today!

Though I passed through the mountains on my way out west, dropped by and collected the first one at 10:15 Am

Passing through Cowra checked the USPS tracking on the next parcel which had no tracking marker since reaching Aussie shores and its status - 'delivered' 10:35 AM

Sigh - Ill look forward to this brush being sent on next week :-(

Ah, i see. I think part of the problem is that TNT dispatches immediately...while aus post probably consolidates shipment to save money. I had a package sent to me from the UK using their national post service and it sat in their warehouse for several days before leaving the country as they were waiting for enough packages to consolidate all of them into a bulk shipment.

Ah, i see. I think part of the problem is that TNT dispatches immediately...while aus post probably consolidates shipment to save money. I had a package sent to me from the UK using their national post service and it sat in their warehouse for several days before leaving the country as they were waiting for enough packages to consolidate all of them into a bulk shipment.
That's what happens with Royal Mail if the sender doesn't specify airmail (font size= huuuuuuuge, voice loudness of request to PO clerk = 120dB) it goes in slow motion (used to be surface...) and takes anything from 3 days (UK PO to Aus door) to a significant part of a year...

Then there's the list of stuff you're apparently not allowed to post internationally...

So pretty much the same as posting something within your own city here then.

Yep. Pay peanuts, the monkeys eat the peanuts and don't give a stuff about making the delivery.

Dunno about Oz, but sending internationally with 'not the regular mail' is an enterprise that requires kidney surgery & optional amputation to pay for.

Back on topic: items in post pair of bike pedals, a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B (900MHz processor & 1GB RAM) & a new router for my alleged upgrade to fibre broadband (I say alleged because BTs idea of fibre broadband is to slice a whole 50m of copper out of a 1.5km line)

Tempted with a pi 2 myself but the original is collecting dust at the moment as it was unable to run plex well for my liking