What do you have in the post right now?

Back on topic: items in post pair of bike pedals, a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B (900MHz processor & 1GB RAM) & a new router for my alleged upgrade to fibre broadband (I say alleged because BTs idea of fibre broadband is to slice a whole 50m of copper out of a 1.5km line)

Yeah, don't even start me on 'broadband' here - since our PM was born over there and you guys have already done the whole FTTN things, he decided to cancel our FTTP rollout and go back to FTTN. Trust me, you have it better than we do.

Tempted with a pi 2 myself but the original is collecting dust at the moment as it was unable to run plex well for my liking

Hate to be an enabler, but..... @hunnymonster has ordered the new QUADCORE.... clock is up to 900Mhz from 700Mhz and it's more efficient clock for clock too.

The biggest news is that more OSes can run on it now because it is ARMv7 rather than the much more limited ARMv6 architecture. I think Debian is supported out of the box as is Ubuntu via their 'Snappy' distro. I think Microsoft even pledged that Windows 10 will run on it.

Will let you all know how wonderful it is when it lands and after I've finished the prep works for the new broadband (my aim is to have the VDSL modem as close as it is humanly possible to be to the DSLAM - that means some upheaval in the front room - and some previously unforeseen concealed Cat6 cabling to be inserted under the all-seeing eye of the CFO)

True Love Always between those two?

Got a few bike-related bits on the way.
  • Cycling gloves - because hands break your fall if you come off
  • Front & rear LED flashers - because you need to be seen
  • MTB/MX jersey. Just because.
  • Bottle Cage. So I can carry a water bottle
  • A water bottle - for putting in the Bottle cage
  • Some bike shorts with padding. They are going underneath boardshorts because I am not some weird cyclist type of person. My seat is hard and my backside soft, leave me alone.

@Monsta_AU , well you've consulted and hyped everyone up with your new pedaling prowess, so when it all arrives I think we need a picture of you in all your spandex wrapped glory! (yes I know that sounds terrible but I did NOT mean it like THAT!)

I'm thinking the inspirational equivalent of that cringe inspiring childhood 'It's my first day at school with all my new uniform and gear' photo that we all had to suffer through. :LOL:

It is only the helmet that looks weird. Otherwise it will be a guy in a fluoro Green or bright Blue Tshirt, cargo short and a helmet strapped to his noggin.

I am a 'Visible Lycra Free Zone'.

Cat6 cabling installed & tested. Arms folded, foot tapping awaiting the BT man to arrive and disappoint... RasPi next on the table (after a beer or two, and a bike ride in the morning - like @Monsta_AU that will be with padded undershorts and no visible Lycra and no helmet either because I apparently live in freeeeeeedom <paints self blue to emphasise the point> )

Lycra is contextual, It's weird if you don't ride a bike, but if you do a lot of road riding it's weird what you can get used to.

What Sydney radio station years ago set out to determine when budgie smugglers become inappropriate? (For my boardies generation that's always)

So a volunteer started at Bondi beach - no rouble, blends in.
Caught a bus to Bondi Junction - well we are still near the beach.
Train to central - where does that weird guy think he's going
Train to domestic airport - people avoiding/cringing/talking behind their hand
Plane to Perth - and they let him on! Though I think by this stage it was agreed it was no longer appropriate.

Lycra is contextual, It's weird if you don't ride a bike, but if you do a lot of road riding it's weird what you can get used to.

What Sydney radio station years ago set out to determine when budgie smugglers become inappropriate? (For my boardies generation that's always)

So a volunteer started at Bondi beach - no rouble, blends in.
Caught a bus to Bondi Junction - well we are still near the beach.
Train to central - where does that weird guy think he's going
Train to domestic airport - people avoiding/cringing/talking behind their hand
Plane to Perth - and they let him on! Though I think by this stage it was agreed it was no longer appropriate.
And that is how PJ always travels to Perth :D

6x 5 Gillette Platinum Made in England like the packs on the picture bellow.

QNIDejH.jpg

"It's raining blades... "

You probably have more French Wilkie's than I have blades!

Happy clapping vintage blade counter ?

Nice musical theme btw, from The Weather Girls, to Phil Collins, or were you inferring to The Temptations ?

Clearly I'm going to have to count!!!
I'm amazed you don't have a (series of) spreadsheets to refer to with vlookups to tally the count by country of origin, smoothness, sharpness, cost per shave etc.