Paste & Cut Travelling Box No. 2 - Reviews and Comments thread

The brush hardly made an indentation on the cream. Who ever gets it next will think it hasn't been used.

It must have dehydrated quite a bit, because TOBS creams are usually very soft. Definitely recommend all those remaining have a go at the Mr Taylor, because it puts value in perspective. $20ish for 150g of great cream that will last a long time is pretty damn good.

Rest from work, shaving, looking at and posting in forums, or just life in general?

Another great post @Peach!
Enjoy your well earned weekend rest.

I have a "Don't Work, Don't Shave" policy. Unless it's holidays and I'm starting to look like a Hillbilly.

Hey, does anyone know what that long unlabeled plastic pump spray bottle contains? Orange colour liquid, smells quite nice.

Hey, does anyone know what that long unlabeled plastic pump spray bottle contains? Orange colour liquid, smells quite nice.

I'm pretty sure all the original stuff was labelled but pics?

I'm pretty sure all the original stuff was labelled but pics?

5511cc2f972bf89145b2df7254bdc070.jpg

Doesn't look familiar to me

Looking like a winner based on the amount remaining... Poor Stillsy (& Mark?) will have a sniff of the empty bottle.

Floid is like Proraso with a scent. Best description of it is if you remember Aniseed twists, or cough candys.

Floid is like Proraso with a scent. Best description of it is if you remember Aniseed twists, or cough candys.
Like liquorice then... Right?

Brand new week and a change of pace as I take the Pureman OC razor for a spin.

Being a Monday shave means very little in terms of how suited I am to a razor because my 3-day growth can be cut down with a chainsaw with comfort and ease so it will be the next few days that will tell the story. However, the Pureman performed quite nicely first up. Nicely balanced and looks well made. Coupled with a French-made Gillette vintage blade, from the box, the shave was both smooth, close and harm free. A long handle is something that I avoid because of the added heft and small hands, but I found this one to be quite comfortable. The knurling is quite sharp and grippy so no risk of slippage. No problems shaving the hard to reach areas like under the nose. Lets see how this goes from tomorrow onwards.

Occams Original Shave cream was interesting. It looks and smells a bit like guacamole to me. My son smelt some lemon in it. It came as no surprise when I read that this cream is 100% vegan. To be quite honest was not endeared to the smell. Earthy fragrance aside however this cream lathered up extremely well. Actually it was excellent. As I mentioned previously I am hopeless at lathering creams and soaps for the first time. However, Occams lathered up to a great consistency, first time, and the protection qualities were top notch. 2nd pass lather was just as good. Question is - would I buy this cream? - probably not. Whilst performance and consistency are major factors for me, and Occams Original excelled in this area, the scent is just not for me.

I shall try the Occams Lime sample before the week is through. Hopefully the scent of this one is more suited to me.

Yep, Witch Hazel rub followed by another splash of the Pinaud Bay Rum. Just in case anyone next in line is wondering, yes there's still quite a bit of the Witch Hazel left. Lavender is one of my favourite fragrances making this Witch Hazel a little addictive.

Brand new week and a change of pace as I take the Pureman OC razor for a spin.

You're coming out with great photos and reviews- good stuff!

Occams Original Shave cream was interesting. It looks and smells a bit like guacamole to me.

Guacamole! Yep. That's the look and consistency right there...

Guacamole! WOW, would never have thought that. Might have to have another smell when I get home

Guacamole! WOW, would never have thought that. Might have to have another smell when I get home

Not so much the smell, but the look and consistency for me.

yep that's the floid I put in for you all to try.
Very magnanimous of you Juggy. I like Floid that much I don't know if I would be willing to give any of it away.